QuickTickets Demo Source

Hi,

first, congrats to Vaadin7 Launch.

After i spent some time onto your site i stepped to your new demo QuickTickets, I really like the Look’n’Feel of
the Application and would get my hands on the SourceCode if its available. Is it possible that you publish the
QuickTickets SourceCode?

Best regards,
Ercan

Hi,

Check the latest comments from the blog post about the Dashboard demo:
https://vaadin.com/blog/-/blogs/it-s-demo-time

So we’re going to publish the source pretty soon. I plan to write the first part of the blog series at the same time, so check the blog to know when it’s available.

Awesome Demo!

Hope it’s available soon :wink:

Agreed- a fantastic way to intro Vaadin 7. I’ve been (slowly) re-factoring my stuff for Vaadin 7, having seen how sexy it can be, I have an incentive to adopt sooner! :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice work on the demo and Vaadin 7.

EDIT
: I am also interested in the source to see how to do some of the nifty things the demo does.

Id love to see the src coide for this too! hopefully soon!

Hi everyone!

Here it is now, available in GitHub:
https://github.com/vaadin/dashboard-demo

If you have any questions about the source, just ask here, and I’ll try to answer them. The source is quite a mess to follow (without any comments), but hopefully you find something useful there :slight_smile:

Great! Thanks a lot

Thanks for sharing the source code. I’m having some trouble building it because the pom.xml refers to a parent pom com.vaadin.demo:demo, which I didn’t find from anywhere.

Here’s the problematic part:

<parent>
		<groupId>com.vaadin.demo</groupId>
		<artifactId>demo</artifactId>
		<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
	</parent>

Yes, that’s a known issue currently, and there’s a note of that in the readme file in the repo. I’ll have to see how we incorporate the parent pom.xml, but for now, you can download it from the attachements in this post.
12812.xml (5.1 KB)

Hello,

thanks for sharing !

I have just open it with eclipse but i can’t build it because maven needs module sampler and module quicktickets-dashbord:

<modules>
		<module>sampler</module>
		<module>quicktickets-dashboard</module>
	</modules>

I have an other question please, in Web.xml, you can see a servlet called
com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet

<servlet>
		<servlet-name>QuickTicketsDashboard</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet</servlet-class>
		[...]

</servlet>

but i don’t find this servlet in source.

Thanks for reply.

Hi, Jouni, thank you so much for sharing.

I just tried to get this running in GAE but get a NPE because of a null CommunicationManager in the VaadinServlet. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I missed?

com.vaadin.server.DefaultErrorHandler doDefault: 
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:330)
	at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:201)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
	at com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.ParseBlobUploadFilter.doFilter(ParseBlobUploadFilter.java:125)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SaveSessionFilter.doFilter(SaveSessionFilter.java:35)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
	at com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:43)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:266)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923)
	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.RpcRequestParser.parseAvailable(RpcRequestParser.java:76)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.JettyServletEngineAdapter.serviceRequest(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:146)
	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime$RequestRunnable.run(JavaRuntime.java:447)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable.runInContext(TraceContext.java:454)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable$1.run(TraceContext.java:461)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext.runInContext(TraceContext.java:703)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$AbstractTraceContextCallback.runInInheritedContextNoUnref(TraceContext.java:338)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$AbstractTraceContextCallback.runInInheritedContext(TraceContext.java:330)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable.run(TraceContext.java:458)
	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.ThreadGroupPool$PoolEntry.run(ThreadGroupPool.java:251)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Line 330 in VaadinServlet is:

if (communicationManager.handleOtherRequest(request, response)) {

I’m guessing there might also be other issues as the project was not designed to run on GAE, but at least you should use GAEVaadinServlet instead of VaadinServlet.

Thanks Henri. You are correct. I had some configuration problems that were hiding the real problems. DataProvider uses classes that aren’t allowed in GAE, like FileWriter.

Hi all,

I created a portal-friendly version of the quicktickets-dashboard demo, works at least in Liferay 6.1.1 (with Vaadin upgrade to 7.0.0). The code itself is about 99% unchanged, just few minor changes:

• Disabled the login screen (it doesn’t make any sense in portal env)
  • Forced height of of the root layot to 600px (100% in portal = 0 px)
  • Displaying real username from the portal instead of a random one

The source code is in GitHub:
https://github.com/mtaivai/dashboard-demo

I’ll try to set a public demo server a.s.a.p.

Cheers,
Mikko

I can’t found package “com.google.gwt.core.ext” and “com.vaadin.server.widgetsetutils”,so build faild always.
where i can get ?

Building requires some custom Maven repositories to be configured, please try to add e.g. following repo (in settings.xml or directly in the pom.xml). It also includes a version of the parent pom com.vaadin.demo:demo:

<repository>
	<id>arcusys-public</id>
	<url>http://opensource.arcusys.fi/mvn/content/groups/public</url>
	<snapshots><enabled>true</enabled></snapshots>
</repository>

I succesfully tested building in a clean environment with Maven 3.0.3 and Java 1.7.

Sorry for the poooor documentation :wink:

I am success too,very thanks!!!
I add

com.vaadin
vaadin-theme-compiler
${vaadin.version}

in the POM file.

Here’s rudimentary setup of a “Quicktickets Portal” on vanilla Liferay CE 6.1.1:
http://quicktickets.mtaivai.com

Hi, can you add here the correct POM file without the parent references ?

Best rigards
MR