Install Vaadin on a Web Host

Hello, this is my first post on the Vaadin forums. I have looked around and searched, but I haven’t seen any mention of my issue in the forums or elsewhere on vaadin.com.

I’ve decided to use Vaadin for my next project. The web site will be hosted using shared hosting. Can I install Vaadin on those servers or will I need to find a host that offers Vaadin as an option? Or, perhaps, would I need dedicated hosting?

Vaadin looks like an amazing product that I can’t wait to get started with. Thanks for your help!

Since Vaadin is a Java EE thingy, all you need from your host is a servlet container (e.g. Apache Tomcat), and then you’d bundle your project into a WAR, that would contain both your application, and vaadin.jar.

So, in short, you don’t have to “install” Vaadin anywhere, but you need to provide it as a library to your application.

Where can I find vaadin.jar for Vaadin 14 framework?

Cristian Alecu:
Where can I find vaadin.jar for Vaadin 14 framework?

The .jars are distributed through Maven Central. In practice, you’ll need a dependency management tool, Maven or Gradle. You can find some more information here: https://vaadin.com/docs/v14/flow/installing/installing-overview.html