Problem to load JavaScript into Portlet

Dear Vaadin Community

I developed a component of vaadin with GWT and ReCaptcha service. In the Client-Side load the captcha
script
and execute a method using JSNI for display at runtime the Captcha, Into Server-Side valid the captcha via POST. Currently this component is implemented as an application of vaadin and as a maven project and it works perfectly well.

The problem is when i use this component in a portlet that use Liferay. The component (or ReCaptcha) is displayed when init the application portlet sometimes, when i do a restartApplication or refresh the browser showing the captcha sometimes, but is unpredictable. The Widgetset that load the script is:

<module>
    <inherits name="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet" />
    <script src="http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js"></script>       
</module>

And to watch the Captcha in browser using the following JSNI:

public static native void create(String key, String div, String theme, String lang, int tabIndex) /*-{
			$wnd.Recaptcha.create(key, 'captchaDiv',{
			        theme:theme,lang:lang,tabindex:tabIndex
	});

This function is execute into the updateFromUIDL the first time that this is calling. The component is functional into vaadin application, but as a portlet application not show the captcha.

I’ve done some testing where i can see that this behavior is related with the time that the script takes to load the ReCaptcha. I don’t know how reduce the load time for the script. I don’t know what to do and how to handle this problem. If you need more information just ask i will try to give you as much information as you need.

Cristian

There are many things that could be causing this. I’ll start by listing my ideas:

• First, you have succesfully compiled the widgetset and installed into Liferay ROOT/html/VAADIN/widgetset?
  • The window.Recaptcha may not be initialized when you call the JSNI method. How is the recaptcha_ajax.js loaded?
  • If it works on ?restartApplication but not later on, the requestRepaint might be needed on the server-side.

I know these are don’t exactly solve anything, but once the problem is isolated the solution is the easy part. :slight_smile:

Yes, I have succesfully compiled the widgetset and this is into my Liferay Widgetset.

I test load the script in differents forms. The first proof was load the script using GWT API in construct into clien-side

public VReCaptchaField() {
		fIsNew = true;

setElement(Document.get().createDivElement());
		setStyleName(CLASSNAME);

getElement().setId("captchaDiv");

final ScriptElement captcha = Document.get().createScriptElement();
		captcha.setSrc("http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js");
		captcha.setType("text/javascript");
		Document.get().getBody().appendChild(captcha);

}

The second proof was load the JavaScript into Widgetset module

<module>
    <inherits name="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet" />
    <script src="http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js"></script>      
</module>

I does proof to load the captcha using JSNI function and using GWT API, the following call the create method.

public create(String fTheme, String fLanguage, String Tabindex){
      final ScriptElement creator = Document.get().createScriptElement(
			"window.Recaptcha.create(\"" + PUBLIC_KEY + "\", \"" + getElement().getId() + "\",
			 {\n" +
				"tabindex: " + fTabIndex + ", " +
				"theme:\"" + fTheme + "\", " +
				"lang:\"" + fLanguage + "\" 
			 });"
		);
		creator.setType("text/javascript");
		Document.get().getBody().appendChild(creator);
}

The result is similar in both cases. I think that this problem is because JavaScript use AJAX request after load the vaadin components and the time for wait the response via Recaptcha service is enough.

Thanks Sami !!

you need run in a server then run correct, also create keys with your domain see https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin#createsite
so the client see the captcha.