Invient Chart : Unable to get chart displayed on browser

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to use the invient chart in my vaadin application but am unable to get the display on the browser. There seems to be no error when the widget is compiled and when I hit the url. Would appreciate any help on it.

Below is the my sample code that I am using to see if I can get a simple chart displayed:

public class VaadininvientchartApplication extends Application {

@Override
	public void init() {
		Window mainWindow = new Window("Vaadininvientchart Application");
		Label label = new Label("Hello Vaadin user");
		mainWindow.addComponent(label);

//mainWindow.addComponent(new Label("Saurabh").setCaption("Testing..."));

InvientChartsConfig chartConfig = new InvientChartsConfig();
        chartConfig.getGeneralChartConfig().setType(SeriesType.BAR);
        BarConfig barCfg = new BarConfig();
        barCfg.setDataLabel(new DataLabel());
        barCfg.setColor(new com.invient.vaadin.charts.Color.RGB(0, 255, 0));
        XYSeries seriesData = new XYSeries("Test", SeriesType.BAR, barCfg);
        seriesData.addPoint(new DecimalPoint(seriesData, 107));
        InvientCharts chart = new InvientCharts(chartConfig);
        chart.addSeries(seriesData);

mainWindow.addComponent(chart);
        setMainWindow(mainWindow);
	}

}

Also, please find the eclipse project structure screen-shot attached. You can see that I have added more than the required libraries, but I did so only after I was unable to get the display.

Another problem I noticed is that once I compile the widgetset, the labels and text that I add to my mainWindow in vaadin also stops showing up on the browser.

Thanks in advance for the help. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Saurabh
12720.png

First of all, please don’t double post.

I can’t see the required javascript files in your project, did you include them? You can get more information about the error by addin ?debug to the end of your URL.

My sincere apologies Thomas. It was not intentional.

I am attaching the expanded view of the folder WebContent/VAADIN. I assume you are referring to the Javascript in the folder inside WebContent/VAADIN/widgetsets. If not, then I am unable to see any other generated Javascript in my project :frowning: and I will need to see what is causing this problem.
12724.png

Actually, I’m referring to the JavaScript files that the invient charts add-on requires. These include the highcharts jar file (not included) and JQuery jar files (that are included in the directory download). There are many threads that go through the installation procedure on this forum, such as
this