Beta 11 and Chameleon button styles

A couple of the Chameleon button styles no longer work. In beta 10 I was using buttons with ChameleonTheme.BUTTON_BIG and that was OK. In beta11, the captions have disappeared

I checked some of the other styles:

These do not show the caption

BUTTON_SMALL
BUTTON_BIG

These do show the caption

BUTTON_DEFAULT
BUTTON_TALL
BUTTON_BORDERLESS
BUTTON_WIDE
BUTTON_LINK

Have BIG and SMALL been withdrawn?

I’ve now also noticed that something similar happens with LABEL styles in Chameleon … some work, some do not. H1, H2,H3,H4 do not, WARNING and ERROR do.

I think Chameleon hasn’t gotten any attention at this stage of Vaadin 7 development. Means that it hasn’t been updated while Vaadin has been. FIle a bug at dev.vaadin.com and I’m sure someone will have a look at it. You can probably also fix it in your own css files on top of chameleon.

I would say “no attention” is exaggerating the situation, but work on updating Chameleon has started after Reindeer and the alternative styles of Chameleon probably have not been tested extensively - they are not covered by our automated tests to the same extent Reindeer is.

While this is definitely a lack in our testing, the best way to get these fixed (also for other users) is to create tickets for the ones that are not working.

OK, I’ll raise tickets, thanks