Connector Already registered?

All -
I am using Beta 10, and am running into a weird problem. I wish I could even understand when it started.

The app was working fine as I was developing it. Now, I am getting errors that components were previously attached when I close the session and log back in. I even go through a new browser (first one in Chrome and then in IE for instance) and the problem still exists. I’m getting a client side exception that property ‘c’ can’t be accessed because the object is null. On the server side, I am getting a runtime exception which has the encapsulated exception of: java.lang.RuntimeException: A connector with id 24 is already registered!

During the debug phase, I removed that component and it linked to another one. I have some print statements and it shows the adding of the component in the construction process, but not later on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Evan

Just a note, it is not just that one page. It appears that is something with the method I am terminating the session perhaps?

I am simply calling:
UI.getCurrent().getSession().close();
UI.getCurrent().getPage().setLocation(UserLogInView.NAME);

Is that enough? Is there something else I should be doing?

Answered my own question. Apparently, you have to do a URI request, that setting the location on a VIEW name will not generate the appropriate flow.

The WIKI for Vaadin 7 needs to be updated to reflect this – or there is a bug in the framework.

Thanks,
Evan

I have almost same issue as you. May I know what is your solution?

Yeah I have such situation too. Could you describe the solution?

Evan means you have to put a URL in the setLocation() call, not a component name. You can put in a hardcoded path like .setLocation(“/”), but the cleanest solution I’ve found is:

UI.getCurrent().getPage().setLocation(VaadinServlet.getCurrent().getServletContext().getContextPath());