Vaadin Liferay Control Panel challenge

Hi There!
I have been trying to deploy a Liferay Vaadin portlet containing references to a number of Vaadin add-ons (Wizard, Ratings, etc).
The normal way (just dropping the portlet war in the deploy directory of liferay, and copying the content of /WebContent/VAADIN to /ROOT/html/VAADIN) just does not work.

So, I tried to install the Vaadin Control Panel war (downloaded from Vaadin add-on website). Then the add-ons jars were copied to the ROOT/WEB-INF/lib directory.

After starting tomcat (7.0), and accessing the Liferay Control Panel, the Vaadin Control Panel Plugin is accessible, and gives the following:
Vaadin Jar Version
Change version
(newest stable version: 6.8.5)
Upgrade
GWT Jar Locations
/LiferayTomcat7/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/vaadin/gwt/2.3.0/gwt-dev.jar
/LiferayTomcat7/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/vaadin/gwt/2.3.0/gwt-user.jar
GWT Dependency
/LiferayTomcat7/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/vaadin/gwt/2.3.0/validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar
/LiferayTomcat7/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/vaadin/gwt/2.3.0/validation-api-1.0.0.GA-sources.jar
Active Widget Set
com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet
Add-on Directory
/LiferayTomcat7/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/
[re-scan]

Select Add-ons
AppletIntegration 1.2.9
BrowserCookies 1.0.4
ContextMenu 3.1.0
RatingStars 1.4
Wizards for Vaadin 0.4.4
Other Dependencies
none

By the way, the GWT libraries were downloaded manually and copied to the directory ROOT/WEB-INF/vaadin/gwt/2.3.0.

But after clicking on the “Compile widget set” button, I get a list of weird errors:
Compiling module com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet
Validating newly compiled units
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/LiferayTomcat7/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/vaadin.jar!/com/vaadin/terminal/gwt/client/ApplicationConfiguration.java’
[ERROR]
Line 34: No source code is available for type com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR]
Line 39: No source code is available for type java.lang.String; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR]
Line 50: No source code is available for type com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR]
Line 55: No source code is available for type com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptObject; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR]
Line 69: No source code is available for type java.util.HashMap; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR]
Line 76: No source code is available for type java.util.LinkedList; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR]
Line 76: No source code is available for type com.google.gwt.user.client.Command; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR]
Line 80: No source code is available for type java.util.ArrayList; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR]
Line 223: No source code is available for type java.util.Iterator; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[ERROR]
Line 277: No source code is available for type java.util.List; did you forget to inherit a required module?
… (the list is so long it cannot be included here).

i do appreciate the work you guys have been doing.
The framework is nice and straight forward to use.
But the integration with Liferay (the most likely use of Vaadin for professionals) is still limping.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

{SOLVED]
Solution:
-drop the widget JARs in the WEB-INF/lib directory and refresh Eclipse project
-compile the portlet widgetset using vaadin Eclipse Add-on
-override the default widgetset property (vaadin.widgetset) in portal-ext.properties.

And this is it!
:slight_smile: