Vaadin Composite (See the solution)

[[color=#152fd8]
size=6]I am wanting to use the Vaadin Composite, to be able to work with Vaadin Visual Designer for Eclipse, and it occurs to me an error telling me:

Could not start XULRunner (version 1.9 or higher required). The editor might not function proprely. On one occasion until I installed this plugin but is boring without saying that maybe if the machine works at 64 BITS not work the Vaadin Composite.

Can someone help me
[/size]
[/color]
12628.png

This is a problem of mozilla and eclipse, not Vaadin. There are several frameworks that have problems with this issue on windows 64 bit and also MAC and Linux.
I heard theres a solution for linux, but have not tried it yet,

google for “eclipse mozilla 64 bit xulrunner”. This problem goes on for at least 4 years now.

But you can just ignore the xulrunner error message. The vaadin designer still works in spite of this message. (This is not the case with some other frameworks, btw)

There is already an enhancement ticket for dev.vaadin to let users click “Do not show it again”, so hopefully this little annoyance will soon be done with.

Dont worry. Be happy :slight_smile:

[size=6]
Hello, Thomas Hoenen

Thanks for responding

You’re wrong if I ignore the message it still will not let me use the vaadin composite, blame on Mozilla and Eclipse due to error structure that is contradictory for those who want to launch a product and sells it, and even more so when not on comunication occurrence limitations and compatibility.

About use in linux maybe I’ll do a test but the launch error has made ​​me have some uncertainties about vaadin, I think that advertising’re talking louder.

thank you
[/size]

Good, then let the solution

First let me say that I opted for their advice in using linux, however I’m using vmware on windows 8 and running linux suse 586 to 32 bits, the occurrence of the Composite Vaadin been resolved and will not appear any failure of any adaptation or error, functioned normally the visual editor.

Thanks, follows the Screen Solution!!
12630.jpg
12631.png

Yes, it gives no error on 32 bit OS.

But it is strange that you cannot use the vaadin editor with 64 bit. I happen to use it on Eclipse 64 bit/Windows 64 bit.
Have you tried to explicitly “open with” the composite class with the vaadin editor? There it should be possible to switch to design view. At least this works here…

This is the issue in Mozilla bug tracker for supporting 64-bit XULRunner on Windows:
. As said by others, it is not in any way under the control of Vaadin. On other supported platforms (any Linux versions, 32-bit Windows, …), this should not be an issue.

Some recent versions of Eclipse also support WebKit (at least a recent version of Safari) - see
Eclipse ticket 325995
. However, this needs to be activated in the plug-in in a way that is not compatible with some of the Eclipse versions supported by the plug-in and still requires a local WebKit installation (Eclipse has decided not to bundle and deliver WebKit) so it does not fully fix the issue. Vaadin ticket
could try to use this on some Eclipse versions, but is not fully resolved by that.

[size=5]
Hello , Thomas !!!

I’m using Windows 8 64 bits with VMware 8 pro running linux suse 32 bit’so vaadin visual editor for the designer worked properly, however I will use Linux to develop applications with Vaadin, technical compatibility issues between suppliers that is always polemical but I believe it can also be strategic, I’m just a user not the same consortium.

big hug
[/size]