Errors creating new proj in Eclipse 3.6 (Helios)

I have upgraded to Eclipse 3.6 (64bit) from Eclipse 3.5 (32-bit).
I am using my existing workspace directory.
All my previous projects fine.
I installed the Vaadin plugin after the upgrade.
I am able to successfully import the vaadin-examples project.
But when I try to create a project with the Vaadin Project wizard I get the message

“!MESSAGE Failed to determine the GWT library version to use, defaulting to 1.5.3”

followed by five “Invalid ZIP archive” errors for
…\eclipse3.6\configuration\com.vaadin.integration.eclipse\download\gwt-user\1.5.3\gwt-user.jar
…\eclipse3.6\configuration\com.vaadin.integration.eclipse\download\gwt-dev\1.5.3\gwt-dev-windows.jar
…\eclipse3.6\configuration\com.vaadin.integration.eclipse\download\gwt-user\1.5.3\gwt-user.jar
…\eclipse3.6\configuration\com.vaadin.integration.eclipse\download\gwt-dev\1.5.3\gwt-dev-windows.jar
and
…<my_project_dir>\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\vaadin-6.4.2.jar

I thought maybe it had something to do with using my existing workspace but I get the same errors with a new workspace.

Are there instructions for creating a Vaadin project without using the Vaadin Wizard? Maybe as a Dynamic Web Project?

• Bill

I suspect something has gone wrong when downloading the JARs, and Eclipse then simply copies the corrupt cached versions to your project. Try deleting (some or all of) the contents of the download directory under the eclipse installation, see the path in the error messages. Then change the Vaadin version in your project.

Yes, you can use a Dynamic Web Project and then add the Vaadin JAR to it (typically in WEB-INF/lib). This does not automatically create the sample application, modify the web.xml etc. though so you might have to do those by hand.
You can also add the Vaadin facet to an existing project from project properties.