Error: handleBurst ... but no such connector could be found

Currently using Vaadin 7 beta6

I have a page with a few tables, a search field (TextField) and a search button.
I’ve registered a Button.ClickListener with the search button.
When I click the button, I get:

Oct 25, 2012 5:28:05 PM com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager handleBurst
WARNING: RPC call to com.vaadin.shared.ui.button.ButtonServerRpc.click received for connector 101 but no such connector could be found

Seeing errors similar to this all over the application after upgrading to Vaadin7 (seen in beta4,5,6)

Quickly realized what the problem is and wanted to post the solution to help others with this problem.

The issues was that I was initializing components from within the constructor of my Components.

I moved my initialization code into the “attach” method and made sure to call super.attach() and the problem seems to have been resolved.

Lesson learned: don’t initialize components, register listeners etc. from within the constructor.

Just thought I’d mention for folks who stumble on this page… I had a simiilar problem briefly, but the bug was mine and had nothing to do with location of control inits. I’d overridden attach() in a View class but simply forgot to call super.attach(). Vaadin 7 post-beta9 snapshot.