WebLogic 9.2 IT Mill 5.2.15 RC2 Compatibility?

Hello,

I’ve created a web application using the IT Mill Toolkit 5.2.15 RC2 and I have deployed my application on Tomcat 6 and it works.

When I try to deploy my application or any of the examples bundled with IT Mill Toolkit on WebLogic 9.2 using JDK 1.5, it fails with the following exception:

Error 500–Internal Server Error

javax.servlet.ServletException: Failed to load application class: MyApplication
at com.itmill.toolkit.terminal.gwt.server.ApplicationServlet.init(ApplicationServlet.java:275)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletInitAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:278)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.createServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:64)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.createOneInstance(StubLifecycleHelper.java:58)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.(StubLifecycleHelper.java:48)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:507)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:235)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3231)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2002)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1908)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1362)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

I looked through the IT Mill Toolkit documentation for any WebLogic specific configuration help but I could not find any.

I am missing something?

Thanks for your help,
Ajay

Hello again,

I’ve also attempted to use itmill-toolkit-5.3.0-rc5.jar of the IT Mill Toolkit and I have the same issue.

Has anybody worked with IT Mill Toolkit in WebLogic 9.2 and can offer advice on how to configure it correctly? According to the specs, WebLogic 9.2 appears to be supported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Ajay

Hello and sorry for the long delay in answer.

I tested the toolkit with BEA WLS 9.2 and it seems that at least the simple example (toolkit 5.3.0RC6) application (see code below) works nicely with it, when it is deployed as a war file in the server.

import com.itmill.toolkit.Application;
import com.itmill.toolkit.ui.Label;
import com.itmill.toolkit.ui.Layout;
import com.itmill.toolkit.ui.Window;
public class TestApplication extends Application {
	private Layout mainLo;
	public void init() {
		Window mainw = new Window();
		this.setMainWindow(mainw);
		mainLo = mainw.getLayout();
		mainLo.addComponent(new Label("QWERTY"));
	}
}

Here is also the simplified procedure how I tested my example application:

1. I created a ‘Dynamic web application project’ in eclipse with WLS 9.2 target runtime.
  2. Added toolkit jar into lib folder and extracted the ‘ITMILL’ folder from the jar into WebContent folder of the project
  3. Then I, configured the web.xml and exported the project as war file with WLS 9.2 runtime
  4. Finally, deployed the war file into WLS 9.2 using the administration console, and started the application.

Could you provide more information of your test case? Have you e.g. tried some simple test application (like above) with your WLS 9.2? How you did the deployment of your application?

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for your response.

I created a new ‘Dynamic web application project’ in eclipse, added toolkit jar into lib folder and extracted the ‘ITMILL’ folder from the jar into WebContent folder of the project, added a class with the simple example you described and configured the web.xml. To deploy, I log in to WLS 9.2 administration console and deploy the war file.

I received the same error:

Error 500–Internal Server Error

javax.servlet.ServletException: Failed to load application class: TestApplication
at com.itmill.toolkit.terminal.gwt.server.ApplicationServlet.init(ApplicationServlet.java:291)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletInitAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:278)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.createServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:64)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.createOneInstance(StubLifecycleHelper.java:58)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.(StubLifecycleHelper.java:48)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:507)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:235)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3231)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2002)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1908)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1362)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

The web.xml I used was:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> myservlet com.itmill.toolkit.terminal.gwt.server.ApplicationServlet application TestApplication
<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>myservlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/myservlet/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I can’t seem to get any IT Mill example to work on WLS 9.2.

Thank you for your help,
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

I tried my test with your web.xml and it worked with both 5.2.14 and 5.3.0RC6 toolkit jar files. Strange, that your war didn’t work.

See the screenshot below of my project in the eclipse wheter it differs from your project.

Hi Johannes,

I was able to solve my issue.

It appears that I was incorrectly using the JDK 1.6 library instead of the JDK 1.5 library. I modified my eclipse project to include the JDK 1.5 version and now it works.

Thank you for taking the time to help!
Ajay