Lots of "Out of sync" errors

I’m getting an extensive amount of “Out of sync” errors with 5.1.12.

I cannot identify what triggers this, but it seems to be rather reliably reproduced with the “FeatureBrowser” and the “Embedding” demo. Just enter few different urls and click around.

(Also tested with 5.2.11 and it had the same problem)

Hi,

It seems I’m going to need more information - I have not yet been able to reproduce…

Does this occur with the online demo ( http://toolkit.itmill.com/demo ) as well, or just locally? (I tried reproducing with the online demo)
What specific urls are you entering in the embedded demo? Does it matter? When you say “click around”, do you mean in FeatureBrowser, or in the page loaded in embedded?

And how much is “an extensive amount”? (one is too much, but how much too much are you getting?) :wink:

A specific ‘click-path’ or procedure that causes the problem would be helpful.

I’ll try some more tomorrow, any additional info would be great!

Best Regards,
Marc

I tried locally, but it seems to appear also in the online demo.

Hmm… I took another look at this. It might be something to do with demo application url handling. I did the following:

• Open the “FeatureBrowser”
  • Select “Embedding”
  • Write anything for url (i wrote “www”)
  • Press the enter key
  • Press backspace while focus is in the url field

This seems break the application so that “out of sync” message to appear and the application stops responding.

Btw, using the latest Firefox 3.

I hope this helps!

Ah, I see - the problem is that by browsing to “www” you actually loaded the FeatureBrowser once again, within itself. This breaks the ‘original’ (outer) FeatureBrowser, because FeatureBrowser does not support that you use it with several browser windows at the same time. You might notice that the ‘inner’ FeatureBrowser loaded in the embedded still works - it has stolen the session from the ‘outer’ one.
We actually support multiple windows now, so we should update FeatureBrowser with that feature. Thanks for noticing this!

Best Regards,
Marc

So this only happens when you navigate to the demos again within the iframe?

AFAIK yes.

The odd thing here being that the browser navigates to the current address if you enter ‘www’. This could be fixed in the embedded example, but ultimately we should fix all examples to support multiple windows, in which case this should work.

Best Regards,
Marc