Nightly builds

Due to multiple requests we will offer nightly builds under this URL:

http://www.itmill.com/download/nightlybuilds

Note that builds are done only if repository contains any changes.
We will deliver JAR version of IT Mill Toolkit as full package is pretty big containing bunch of additional material such as manual and demos.

Enjoy!

Great !
Thanks a lot !

Dmitri

Done. Have fun with the first nightly build. Sleep is for the weak!

The naming convention for the nightly builds may change a bit.

Hi, the following exception appears when I updated the jar to itmill-toolkit-5.0.0_trunk_20071219.jar:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
        at com.itmill.toolkit.terminal.gwt.server.CommunicationManager.handleVariables(CommunicationManager.java:496)
        at com.itmill.toolkit.terminal.gwt.server.CommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(CommunicationManager.java:279)
        at com.itmill.toolkit.terminal.gwt.server.ApplicationServlet.service(ApplicationServlet.java:394)

The stack trace doesn’t tell which toolkit component causes the exception.

Layout no longer has the setSizeFull method, and OrderedLayout’s setWidth and setWidthUnits have been removed.

Is there a new way to set the OrderedLayout’s width to 100%?

Nightly builds are a handy way to distribute bug fixes to a beta. Thanks!

OrderedLayout should have 100% width if you have vertical orientation, but not if you have horizontal orientation.

ExpandLayout provides better sizing control through the Size object that you can get with
getSize()

For example:

ExpandLayout layout = new ExpandLayout();
layout.getSize().setSizeFull();
main.setLayout(layout);

Button button = new Button("This is a button in middle of nowhere");
layout.addComponent(button);
layout.setComponentAlignment(button, OrderedLayout.ALIGNMENT_HORIZONTAL_CENTER, OrderedLayout.ALIGNMENT_VERTICAL_CENTER);

Note: the alignments in ExpandLayout do not work properly at the moment (only either one works depending on the orientation), so the setComponentAlignment() above does not have the result it should have.

I don’t know straight away what could cause this. When I tried the build with the Calculator example, it seemed to work ok. Did you refresh the project after replacing the library? And perhaps restarting Tomcat is a good thing to do also.

Would be asking too much for a change log in the nightly build?!
I think it would motivate us to test more… :mrgreen:

Well, our Toolkit Trac will be made public soon, so you can see the changes there.