vaadin 7 beta 3 - google chrome still have "abort layout after 100 passes p

Hi all, I’m using vaadin beta 3, i try my application with Firefox and ie (latest version) and they are working fine. but with Google chrome (Version 22.0.1229.79 m) every click of my application there was a prompt say ( aborting layout after 100 passes) and the weird thing is this only happen when my browser window size is not open in full screen, (half of my desktop size) every single click involve layout changes it will prompt ! But i wont if i open in full screen. It happens too if i re size the window frequently. so whats the problem? i Thought vaadin already fix this layout problem since vaadin beta1? Anyone facing this issue can share some solution? thanks

Hi,

Sounds like a serious issue with the layouts. Can you paste in the code for your layout structure here, so we can see if we can reproduce the error?

I have the same issue with firefox and alpha 3. Will try to post my layout this week

Since alpha 3, a lot has changed in the implementation. If indeed using alpha 3 and not beta 3, please test first with beta 4 before creating a bug report.

I was on alpha 3. I migrated to beta 3 today (thanks to spring-vaadin-integration) and you were right, it seems that I no longer have the problem

thanks

I was wondering all the time why my application always show a vertical scroll bar there even i put to full screen. ( i’m using vaadin 7-Snapshot and latest version chrome) And it did throw the “abort layout…” whenever i re size window. After few weeks, i finally did solve this by changing the position for the div class “.v-view” from “relative” to “static”. And it did solve my problems on chrome. I’m not sure is this a suitable fix. Hope for somebody can give some comment. Thanks.

.v-view {
	position: static;
}