Bugs on Vaadin 6.8.3 and 6.8.4 ?

Hi everybody,
I upgraded from Vaadin 6.8.2 to Vaadin 6.8.4 and I’m seeing a strange behaviour: some buttons are empty with blank caption, and Comboboxes are empty even if they have a Container DataSource. This caused big problems, so I downgraded to 6.8.3 and Buttons are working again, but Comboboxes do not. So I downgraded to the last working Vaadin, which was 6.8.2, and everything works properly again with it.

Are they bugs?

The button issue was mentioned somewhere else also and might in some way relate to click shortcuts on buttons. If you have a way to reproduce it, please create a ticket at dev.vaadin.com so it can be fixed.

For the ComboBox issue, it’s probably related to the data source and/or configuration of the ComboBox. The same thing applies, if you can reproduce it, please create a ticket.

This is the code I used for Buttons:

myButton = new Button();
myButton.setIcon(new ThemeResource("icons/icon_16.png"));
myButton.setCaption("Search (F3)");
myButton.setDescription("Search items");
myButton.setImmediate(true);
myButton.setWidth("145px");
myButton.setHeight("-1px");
myButton.setClickShortcut(KeyCode.F3);
myButton.addListener(new ClickListener() {
	@Override
	public void buttonClick(ClickEvent event) {
	}
}

This is the code I used for ComboBoxes:

myCombo = new ComboBox("My Combobox");
myCombo.setDescription("My Description");
myCombo.setContainerDataSource(MyApplication.getInstance().getDbHelp().getComboContainer());
myCombo.setItemCaptionPropertyId("MyField");
myCombo.setFilteringMode(Filtering.FILTERINGMODE_CONTAINS);
myCombo.setImmediate(true);
myCombo.setWidth("100.0%");
myCombo.setHeight("-1px");
myCombo.addListener(new Property.ValueChangeListener() {
	public void valueChange(ValueChangeEvent event) {
		if (myCombo.getValue() != null) {
		}
	}
}
  • The ComboBox problem is present everywhere, on all UIs I used ComboBox.

• The Button problem is not present on all UIs, but only on some, and I don’t see any difference between these UIs…

Again, downgrading to Vaadin 6.8.2 everything works properly.

Please fix these bugs

For Button, the problem is probably fixed in the latest nightly builds and the next bugfix release - please test and
create a ticket
if still not working. You can obtain the nightly builds as Maven snapshots or with the Eclipse plug-in (Project Properties → Vaadin → Download… → …) or from
https://vaadin.com/download/nightly/

For ComboBox, probably nothing done but still best check with the latest nightly build and
create a ticket
if not working.

For the ticket(s), in addition to a good description and sample code, please include a link to this thread.
The reality is that when looking for things to fix, we look at open tickets, not the thousands and thousands of old forum threads that might or might not describe current problems.

For ComboBox, the problem seems fixed. For Button no…

I created a ticket here:

http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/10074

Buttons problem is solved with 6.8.5 nightly build :slight_smile:

I was wrong about the ComboBox problem, it’s not fixed. So I opened a new ticket
http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/10103