Vaadin with Tomcat 10

Hi,

I have a problem with Vaadin and Tomcat 10.

I have an application who developped with Vaadin and I use Eclipse to launch this application. I use Tomcat for servers where is my application. When I use Tomcat version 9, all work but when I migrate my Tomcat in new version 10, when I launch project, I have message from my page 401 not found. I try to create new application with Vaadin and try with Tomcat 10 same problem.

Could you help me please.

Best regard.

If you build your application as a .war file and deploy the .war file to a standalone Tomcat 10, what happens?

It’s the same problem

Is there anything in the Tomcat log that would explain more? Can you see the deployed .war file in the Tomcat manager console - is it running?

For first question, i didn’t find anything and for second question, yes it is running.

I have this message

[05/Mar/2021:15:37:37 +0100]
“GET /MyProject/ HTTP/1.1” 404 699

What if you deploy the same .war to a standalone Tomcat 9?

In Tomcat 9, all work, I have problem just with Tomcat 10. Maybe Vaadin doesn’t support Tomcat 10.

Looks like that is indeed the case - Tomcat 10 is not supported at the moment. Tomcat 10 targets Jakarta EE 9, which means that the needed Java Servlet API classes are no longer found from the javax package namespace.

Ok and you can tell me when Tomcat 10 will be supported with Vaadin ?

Nope, that’s not yet known.

Hi, do you have new for Tomcat 10 ?

Best regards

No, I don’t believe it’s going to happen anytime soon.

ok, so now i must to use just Tomcat 9.

Yep. You might want to follow this issue in GitHub: https://github.com/vaadin/flow/issues/10366