Vaadin 14 IndexedDB access

Hello everyone,
I’m using vaadin 14 for my personal project. I know there are multiple threads and discussions about how to access session storage and local storage of browser to vaadin logic. Problem is, that 5MB of storage for this purpose is not enough for me and i need to use IndexedDB for this. I have not found any clue for this in vaadin 14 or further (currently vaadin18 released) There are some references to vaadin 7-8 about that but it’s not possible for me to downgrade. Any help would be appreciated how can i store huge amounts of data in that database (Base64 string of image files ,based on application usage expected data required overall is about 10-12GB)

anybody could help me with that?

based on application usage expected data required overall is about 10-12GB

Based on the data amount it sounds like you wont necessarily want to store that in Browser, but you need database in the server.

Tatu Lund:

based on application usage expected data required overall is about 10-12GB

Based on the data amount it sounds like you wont necessarily want to store that in Browser, but you need database in the server.

Based on https://developer.chrome.com/docs/apps/offline_storage/#:~:text=HTML5%20introduced%20many%20storage%20APIs,limit%20of%20just%205%20MB.

As far as i know indexedDB can handle up to 20% shared pool space from internal hard drive. As i written amount of data can reach that values (10-12GB) only in extreme situations, usually it wont have more than few hundred MB. Currently I have all data in local file system of server, but due to my slow upload speed I want to improve webpage to download once and then use it from local storage - indexedDB in this case. Therefore i think your answer is not totally valid and technically it could be stored in client’s side.