Page refreshes when opening a new browser tab pointing to other Vaadin app

Hello,

I am developing a Vaadin application using Spring Boot. I have a button that when I click it opens a new browser tab that points to another Vaadin app running on localhost that is using other port. The problem is that when I go back to the original app the page in the original app refreshes and it goes back to its initial state. This doesn’t happen if I open a new browser tab pointing to e.g. google.com. Any suggestion?

Regards,
Bruno

Edit: Using @PreserveOnRefresh does not solve this.

Bruno Serras:
Hello,

I am developing a Vaadin application using Spring Boot. I have a button that when I click it opens a new browser tab that points to another Vaadin app running on localhost that is using other port. The problem is that when I go back to the original app the page in the original app refreshes and it goes back to its initial state. This doesn’t happen if I open a new browser tab pointing to e.g. google.com. Any suggestion?

Regards,
Bruno

Brasileiro?

Desenvolvimento FJ Sistemas:

Bruno Serras:
Hello,

Regards,
Bruno

Brasileiro?

Portuguese.

Bruno Serras:

Desenvolvimento FJ Sistemas:

Bruno Serras:
Hello,

Regards,
Bruno

Brasileiro?

Portuguese.

Infelizmente não sei como te ajudar com seu problema, mas se você puder tentar meu ajudar no meu, fico grato

https://vaadin.com/forum/thread/18525966/edit-off-grid-button

What does the button code look like? How are you opening the link? Can you share some code?

Hi,

one issue you might have is that the session is reset like in this post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64910259/how-to-run-two-spring-boot-applications-on-same-server/64910566#64910566

But it’s a “guess”, as Marcus said it probably require more details.