Vaadin 14. (TypeError) : Cannot read property '__getRowModel' of undefined

Greetings!

Okay. There is a grid in which you need to change the order of columns and hide them. And it works fine until the page is refreshed. After refreshing, if I try to show the hidden column again, I get the error “Cannot read property ‘__getRowModel’ of undefined” (in the attached file).

Herewith there are no exceptions in the Java code.

Need help.
18379429.png

Hi,

Perhaps your problem is related to this bug: https://github.com/vaadin/vaadin-grid-flow/issues/601

Which version of Vaadin are you using?
Is the problem appeared after an upgrade?

If you can the code to reproduce the error (this is often not easy for this kind of grid problem), that could help to find a workaround.

Jean-Christophe Gueriaud:
Hi,

Perhaps your problem is related to this bug: https://github.com/vaadin/vaadin-grid-flow/issues/601

Which version of Vaadin are you using?
Is the problem appeared after an upgrade?

If you can the code to reproduce the error (this is often not easy for this kind of grid problem), that could help to find a workaround.

Thank you for the link.

Vaadin versioin 14.1.22. Chrome version 84.0.4147.89.

Recreating columns is the new functionality in our project, I don’t think it’s related with upgrade.

It’s very difficult to say how the code can be changed to work around this error.

Can you try to upgrade to the latest Vaadin 14 (14.3.1) and check if the issue has been already fixed ?

Without any code, it’s hard to help you. As you said that it’s not working when you are refreshing the page.
Do you have the error when you are trying to add the grid and show a column at the same time ? (when the page is refreshed)
But not when you add the grid and in a different action you show a column ?

Jean-Christophe Gueriaud:
Can you try to upgrade to the latest Vaadin 14 (14.3.1) and check if the issue has been already fixed ?

Without any code, it’s hard to help you. As you said that it’s not working when you are refreshing the page.
Do you have the error when you are trying to add the grid and show a column at the same time ? (when the page is refreshed)
But not when you add the grid and in a different action you show a column ?

The problem was solved by upgrade. Thank you!