widgetset : what to add for version control

I have a custom widgetset building using a maven profile and all is fine.
What I want to do now is commit the widgetset to our subversion repository.

However, I am unsure which files are static and which can be ignored and not committed.
Is there any generic advice on what to and what not to include when committing?
For example, I am currently ignoring the contents of the VAADIN/gwt-unitCache directory.

What about widgetsets? Do I include the widgetsets/WEB-INF/deploy or any of the {nnnn}.cache.png and {nnnn}.cache.html files?

VAADIN : 6.7.5
GWT-DEV : 2.4.0
Subversion : 1.6.0

TIA

Dominic

In our project we don’t commit the output of widgetset compilation. Instead, we let maven compile the widgetset (on demand) using vaadin-maven-plugin and gwt-maven-plugin. So we only add the .gwt.xml file to svn.

In most cases, I agree with the previous reply (only commit the .gwt.xml file, and in general avoid committing artifacts generated from the source tree) but want to add that with Subversion, committing the compiled widgetset can also cause technical problems with the integrity of the local checked out copy.

GWT compiler deletes and recreates the widgetset directory when compiling the widgetset. As Subversion metadata is distributed in all committed directories (in the form of .svn hidden directories), this can “break” the local checkout. Some other version control systems such as Git do not have this problem.

I have come to the same conclusion - build the widget set as part of the integration and release profiles under maven and not check in the directory at all.

FYI, recent versions of Subversion no longer have this problem: they now keep their metadata in a single hidden directory at the root.