Widgetset ‘com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet’ does not contain an implementation

Hell,

I am posting this question to get help for resolving a problem that occurred when using Vaadin charts in my very first Vaadin application

Error.
Widgetset ‘com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet’ does not contain an implementation for com.vaadin.addon.charts.Chart Check the connector’s @Connect mapping, the widget’s GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a Vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions.

My Platform

1. IntelliJ Idea
  2. Vaadin - 8

I followed the below steps.

1. I have a Vaading student subscription. I believe student subscription gives access to use of Vadding charts.
  2. Added Vaadin chart dependencies to pom.xml
	<dependency>
		<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
		<artifactId>vaadin-charts</artifactId>
		<version>4.0.5</version>
	</dependency>
  1. Added the Bar chart example in the below link
    https://github.com/vaadin/charts/blob/master/documentation/charts-overview.asciidoc

That’s all I did. I am not sure, I am missing anything in the above steps.

As suggested in the [link]
(https://vaadin.com/forum/thread/4214612/10582672), I added the below code lines to my UI class.

@WebServlet(value = "/*", asyncSupported = true)
@VaadinServletConfiguration(productionMode = false, ui = MainUI.class,widgetset="com.example.tester.widgetset.TesterWidgetset")
public static class Servlet extends VaadinServlet {
}

This solution doesn’t help me. Maybe I am missing something before this step. Could anyone help me to resolve this issue

Hi,

could you remove the custom widgetset attribute in the @VaadinServletConfiguration annotation and run the mvn clean vaadin:update-widgetset vaadin:compile command in your console [Charts set-up]
(https://vaadin.com/docs/v8/charts/java-api/charts-getting-started.html#setup)?

You should re-compile the widgetset once charts are added to the dependencies and the command above should take care of it.

Best regards,

Anastasia

I added following plugin to the pom file and executed mvn clean vaadin:update-widgetset vaadin:compile as you suggested.

<plugin>
                <groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
                <artifactId>vaadin-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>8.7.0</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>update-theme</goal>
                            <goal>update-widgetset</goal>
                            <goal>compile</goal>
                            <!-- Comment out compile-theme goal to use on-the-fly theme compilation -->
                            <goal>compile-theme</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

It gives me following error. Do you have an idea on the file AppWidgetset.gwt.xml. I am not sure about creating the file?

[INFO]
 Loading inherited module 'AppWidgetset'
[INFO]
    [ERROR]
 Unable to find 'AppWidgetset.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?