Old Flow V10 not compiling anymore

Hello, I’m trying to rebuild an old project which was in flow 10.0.0 (was the latest release at the time !), but the build failed with

[ERROR]
 Failed to process frontend files.
[ERROR]
 error: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'projectPath\target\frontend\bower_components\vaadin-element-mixin\vaadin-dir-mixin.html'
[...]

[ERROR]
 Failed to execute goal com.vaadin:flow-maven-plugin:1.0.0:package-for-production (default) on project : Execution default of goal com.vaadin:flow-maven-plugin:1.0.0:package-for-production failed: Transpilation with gulp has failed: 'gulp build_es6' failed. org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1) -> [Help 1]

I’ve searched about this file, and found it was added to the vaadin-element-mixin repository this january… So the maven import for vaadin-element-mixin 1.0.2 of course doesn’t contains it, but it’s just normal behaviour, the vaadin-dir-mixin was only added since version 2.3.0.

So the real problem is why the gulp transpilation failed requesting this obviously non needed file ?

The maven build is launched by eclipse with goals clean package and profile production, skipping tests, with JDK 1.8.0_202.

Hi. Just in case - can you please try with the latest Vaadin 10 version, 10.0.17 ?

The problem itself sounds like there is some too lean dependency range defined. I cannot say if it has been fixed or not by using the latest 10 version, but that is the first thing to try.

If it doens’t succeed, then I’d ask you to kindly try to reproduce it with a “clean” V10 project and create an issue to https://github.com/vaadin/platform/issues/new

Hi, setting Vaadin to version 10.0.17 worked, thanks :slight_smile: