OpenLayers wrapper development

Hi Guys,
currently I try to become more familiar with vaadin and play around with the openlayers wrapper. After my debugging sessions in client Javascript and inspection of the vaadin source code it seems some of the features in the WFSLayer are not implemented yet. Does anyone can display a WFS vector layer and retrieve data from a WFS server? The javascript debugger shows some places in code where openlayers try to access not set fields (for instance reader and writer objects).
To my question … I would try to implement missing functions in the openlayers wrapper. What’s the best way to join the project? Are there a mailing list or other more direct communications channels?

Kind regards

Hi,

Currently we have no discussion group, but maybe we should consider creating one. In the mean time, at least I’m following this Vaadin forum almost daily.

The project page should still be the main tool. If you decide to start working on something I’d hope you could:

• create an issue report
  • communicate there that you are working on the issue, so that we don’t do duplicate work
  • add patch to ticket

After a patch or two I’ll add you as a contributor to the project, so you can then add code without supervision form other developers.

cheers,
matti

Hello Matti,
I will do this.
A question to the patches. Do you prefer more short patches against the original source or more larger ones?
My next extension adds the isBaseLayer attribute to the OpenStreetMapLayer. The patch will follow this evening.

Can you take a look at issue 88. Unfortunately I post it in wrong category … works the attached patch in your environment?

Kind regards

Hi,

One fix or feature per patch is the preferred way to go.

cheers,
matti