Weird behaviour mixing Spring Boot, Vaadin 14 and persistence

Hi all,

I work on a project with a complex backend structure involving Spring Boot managing repositories for CRUD operations, REST calls for specific routines and a Web app interface built using Vaadin 8. I am now migrating the whole application towards Vaadin Flow, but I encounter this strange behaviour:

I have many views in the web app working perfectly using the ‘@Route’ annotation, but one: the main view. Class is called ‘MainView’ and the annotation is ‘@Route(“”)’ but still, if I navigate to ‘http://server:port’ I don’t enter this view but, instead, all I see is a JSON dump of the databse tables with links for navigating the DB structure. Since I never built this JSON and, of course, this is not expected, I have no idea of what produces this behaviour and how to fix it! Anyone has some advice?

Many thanks in advance

Hello Stefano,

A couple of suggestions:

1. Did you try to load it with a different browser(e.g. Mozilla,Safari), is the error the same?
  2. Did you try to clear your browser cache and load it again?
  3. If the above does not solve it can you show a screenshot of the JSON dump?

Ben

Ben Izra Dacudao:
Hello Stefano,

A couple of suggestions:

1. Did you try to load it with a different browser(e.g. Mozilla,Safari), is the error the same?
  2. Did you try to clear your browser cache and load it again?
  3. If the above does not solve it can you show a screenshot of the JSON dump?

Ben

Hi Ben, and thank you for your answer

I tried both 1 & 2 and yes, nothing changes. I also tried deploying the application on different OS but the result is the same.
I can attach part of the JSON as the project I’m working on is not open source, but I can tell you that the structure you see is replicated for each entity in the DB and associated classes. I tried to disable JPA and data sources autoconfiguration, but it caused only more problems in the very compilation so I don’t know if it may resolve this.
18017445.png