vaadin-client-compiled vs vaadin-client

I noticed Vaadin has vaadin-client-compiled and vaadin-client. What is the difference. I also want to pretect my client codes from being seen by other developers in my company. How can I achieve my goal?

James

In Vaadin 7 and 8, vaadin-client-compiled is the precompiled default widgetset. That’s the one you probably want to use if you aren’t using any add-ons or custom client side modules on top of what comes built in with the framework. vaadin-client is the Java / GWT implementation of the framework’s client side engine and component set. When a widgetset is compiled, it uses vaadin-client as one part of the source. The other parts in the widgetset come from add-ons. If you have custom client side components, you won’t ever need vaadin-client-compiled.

My application just use regular Vaadin framework. How do I generate XXX-client-compiled widgetset?

James

If you’re not changing anything, you can just use the prebuilt version in vaadin-client-compiled. There’s no benefit of creating a custom widgetset if it’s just going to be the same as the default one.