CSValidatedTextField

I am trying to use CSValidatedTextField in my form.I installed csvalidation-0.3.3.jar using the steps given in http://magi.virtuallypreinstalled.com/csvalidation. And I am using vaadin-6.3.4.jar

But when I rebuild and try to deploy my war in apache-tomcat-6.0.18 I get the exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file (unable to load class com.vaadin.csvalidation.CSValidatedTextField).

Please let me know what needs to be modified to get this working

Aww, the add-on Jar was compiled with JDK 1.6, so it didn’t run on Tomcat that uses JRE 1.5.

Either use JRE 1.6 for Tomcat (in Eclipse set the default JRE from Windows → Preferences → Java → Installed JREs) or download the new
csvalidation-0.3.4.jar
, which is compiled with JDK 1.5.

Thanks!
Adding csvalidation-0.3.4.jar solved the problem.Now when I am using CSValidatedTextField

1. When I type a input the field’s Color changes to red.I tried modifying the css for v-validatedtextfield-focus.valid to white but it did’nt have any effect.What should be done to avoid this change in BackGround color

2.My requirement is to display a form with fields and display the validation errors in the error indicator of the form when tabbing out from the field.
For the field I used setValidateEmpty(false); And for the Form I set form.setValidationVisible(true); If I do not set this,the validation message are displayed only when the form is submitted. But now when the form is loaded for the first time,even before entering the details the validation message is shown in the error indicator .I want this to be displayed only after typing something in the field.When I remove the form.setValidationVisible(true); the error message is not displayed on loading but when an incorrect value is typed in the field,the error Icon appears next to the field ,the component error is also displayed when placing the mouse on the field ,but the validation message is displayed in the error indicator of the form only after submitting the form.Is it possible to display message in the error indicator of the form on tabbing out of the field.

1. I looked at this in the CSValidation demo and it looks like the application [tt]
    styles.css
    [/tt] is loaded
    before
    the widgetset [tt]
    styles.css
    [/tt], so the latter overrides the former. You probably have the same problem. I have though the application theme should be loaded after the widgetset theme, so you can nicely customize the widget styling, but there’s probably some problem.

In any case, you can override a rule by making a more specific CSS selector. For example, you could include the theme name in the selector:

.v-theme-csvalidationtheme .v-validatedtextfield-focus.valid,
.v-theme-csvalidationtheme .v-textarea-focus.valid {
    background: #a0a0a0;
}
  1. Have you tried setting setImmediate(true) for the text fields? That sends the value to server “immediately” when the focus moves out of the field, and thus causes validation on the server-side.