How does the Spring Integration work

When I add @Route to my class I can use Springs Dependency Injection.

BUT I cannot get the Bean from the ApplicationContext because it’s not registered as Bean.

If I add @Component to a @Route to make it a Spring bean I get:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No VaadinSession bound to current thread
	at com.vaadin.flow.spring.scopes.AbstractScope.getVaadinSession(AbstractScope.java:75) 

My questions:

1. How is the Spring Integration done?
  2. How can I get a Route from the Spring ApplicationContext?

Components with @Route annotation are not spring-managed beans, so they are not available from the application context even though they support dependency injection. Instantiation of routed components is [managed by vaadin-spring]
(https://github.com/vaadin/spring/blob/4af221293af88b67ae011b378f5c304ddfbfc2c6/vaadin-spring/src/main/java/com/vaadin/flow/spring/SpringInstantiator.java#L104).

Regarding your second question, the Router (ui.getRouter()) allows to inspect the declared routes. You can also declare Routes as actual spring beans, and in that case they would be both spring-managed and available as navigation targets.

Thanks Javier.

I understand the answer to my 1. question.

But the the answer to the 2. question doesn’t work.
If I add @Component to my @Route I get the above exception. I have to mention that my Route is @UIScope
Is this a problem?

When is that exception raised? It’s correct to add @UIScoped, because otherwise they would be singletons (which is not correct because each time the user navigates into a view, a new instance has to be created).

The application does not start when I add @Component to the route class.

jooqRepository is also UIScoped

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'jooqRepository': Scope 'vaadin-ui' is not active for the current thread; consider defining a scoped proxy for this bean if you intend to refer to it from a singleton; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: No VaadinSession bound to current thread
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:365) ~[spring-beans-5.1.7.RELEASE.jar:5.1.7.RELEASE]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:199) ~[spring-beans-5.1.7.RELEASE.jar:5.1.7.RELEASE]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.DependencyDescriptor.resolveCandidate(DependencyDescriptor.java:277) ~[spring-beans-5.1.7.RELEASE.jar:5.1.7.RELEASE]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.doResolveDependency(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:1248) ~[spring-beans-5.1.7.RELEASE.jar:5.1.7.RELEASE]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.resolveDependency(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:1168) ~[spring-beans-5.1.7.RELEASE.jar:5.1.7.RELEASE]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$AutowiredFieldElement.inject(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:593) ~[spring-beans-5.1.7.RELEASE.jar:5.1.7.RELEASE]

... 24 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No VaadinSession bound to current thread
	at com.vaadin.flow.spring.scopes.AbstractScope.getVaadinSession(AbstractScope.java:75) ~[vaadin-spring-11.0.0.jar:na]

at com.vaadin.flow.spring.scopes.VaadinUIScope.getBeanStore(VaadinUIScope.java:121) ~[vaadin-spring-11.0.0.jar:na]

at com.vaadin.flow.spring.scopes.AbstractScope.get(AbstractScope.java:44) ~[vaadin-spring-11.0.0.jar:na]

at com.vaadin.flow.spring.scopes.VaadinUIScope.get(VaadinUIScope.java:42) ~[vaadin-spring-11.0.0.jar:na]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:353) ~[spring-beans-5.1.7.RELEASE.jar:5.1.7.RELEASE]

... 29 common frames omitted

I’m sorry but the route had the wrong scope.

Everything works now as expected. Thanks for your help