multiplatform runtime, Vaadin 7, and testbench

I am currently trying to use multiplatform runtime to convert my Vaadin 7 application to Vaadin 13+. According to [this page]
(https://vaadin.com/docs/v13/testbench/testbench-migration.html), so long as I use Testbench 4, I should be ok. Here is the corresponding dependency:

<dependency>
			<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
			<artifactId>vaadin-testbench</artifactId>
			<version>4.0.3</version>
			<scope>test</scope>
		</dependency>

For some reason I am getting a bunch of compile errors with my test package. What am I doing wrong? Truth be told, I just need to make sure it compiles and runs. Since I used a starter project to create this app in the first place, these test cases are leftover from that time. I would prefer to keep them as examples, so was wondering if I could fix the issue without removing the code. Here are some examples:

[ERROR]
 COMPILATION ERROR : 
[INFO]
 -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
 /D:/tonybaldarelli/Documents/workspaces/eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers/vaadinwebsite/src/test/java/com/mobiwms/website/tb/pageobjects/TBDashboardView.java:[19,9]
 cannot access com.vaadin.testbench.elementsbase.AbstractElement
  class file for com.vaadin.testbench.elementsbase.AbstractElement not found
[ERROR]
 /D:/tonybaldarelli/Documents/workspaces/eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers/vaadinwebsite/src/test/java/com/mobiwms/website/tb/pageobjects/TBDashboardView.java:[24,16]
 no suitable method found for $(java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.LabelElement>)
    method com.vaadin.testbench.HasElementQuery.<T>$(java.lang.Class<T>) is not applicable
      (inference variable T has incompatible bounds
        equality constraints: com.vaadin.testbench.elements.LabelElement
        upper bounds: com.vaadin.testbench.TestBenchElement)
    method com.vaadin.testbench.HasElementQuery.$(java.lang.String) is not applicable
      (argument mismatch; java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.LabelElement> cannot be converted to java.lang.String)
[ERROR]
 /D:/tonybaldarelli/Documents/workspaces/eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers/vaadinwebsite/src/test/java/com/mobiwms/website/tb/pageobjects/TBDashboardView.java:[29,26]
 no suitable method found for $(java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.ButtonElement>)
    method com.vaadin.testbench.HasElementQuery.<T>$(java.lang.Class<T>) is not applicable
        equality constraints: com.vaadin.testbench.elements.ButtonElement
    method com.vaadin.testbench.HasElementQuery.$(java.lang.String) is not applicable
      (argument mismatch; java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.ButtonElement> cannot be converted to java.lang.String)
[ERROR]
 /D:/tonybaldarelli/Documents/workspaces/eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers/vaadinwebsite/src/test/java/com/mobiwms/website/tb/pageobjects/TBDashboardView.java:[38,9]
 no suitable method found for $(java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.ButtonElement>)
        equality constraints: com.vaadin.testbench.elements.ButtonElement
      (argument mismatch; java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.ButtonElement> cannot be converted to java.lang.String)
[ERROR]
 /D:/tonybaldarelli/Documents/workspaces/eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers/vaadinwebsite/src/test/java/com/mobiwms/website/tb/pageobjects/TBDashboardEdit.java:[15,17]
 no suitable method found for $(java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.WindowElement>)
        equality constraints: com.vaadin.testbench.elements.WindowElement
      (argument mismatch; java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.WindowElement> cannot be converted to java.lang.String)
[ERROR]
 /D:/tonybaldarelli/Documents/workspaces/eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers/vaadinwebsite/src/test/java/com/mobiwms/website/tb/pageobjects/TBDashboardEdit.java:[19,14]
 cannot find symbol
  symbol:   method $(java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.TextFieldElement>)
  location: variable scope of type com.vaadin.testbench.elements.WindowElement
[ERROR]
 /D:/tonybaldarelli/Documents/workspaces/eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers/vaadinwebsite/src/test/java/com/mobiwms/website/tb/pageobjects/TBDashboardEdit.java:[23,14]
 cannot find symbol
  symbol:   method $(java.lang.Class<com.vaadin.testbench.elements.ButtonElement>)
  location: variable scope of type com.vaadin.testbench.elements.WindowElement

Thanks. Even ignoring these tests would be a fine workaround for now.

I don’t think TestBench 4 and Vaadin 13+ work well together (if at all). Note that MPR doesn’t turn V7/8 components into V13+ ones that can be tested with TestBench (6+ in this case) nor does it allow TestBench 4 to work with a V13 application. Your logs look like there is a version mismatch.

Thanks, will just comment out the testing code for now, then. To be honest, I don’t use it effectively right now anyway, so this is the best way to solve it short term.

Strictly speaking, as you imply, nothing in the MPR documentation even talks about this, and nothing on the testbench migration page I reference actually talks about MPR. I just sort of made the assumption it would work based on the MPR migration steps not mentioning it, but I guess I was wrong.