Maven 8.7.2 theme compilation failed due to CVS directories

We have a Vaadin 8.7.2 project and trying to compile the themes, but we get the following error related to a CSV directory that is created by that version control system:

**[INFO]
— vaadin-maven-plugin:8.7.2:compile-theme (default-cli) @ Yozons-eSignFormsVaadin8 —
[INFO]
Updating theme VAADIN/themes/CVS
[ERROR]
/Users/yozons/Documents/project/Yozons-eSignFormsVaadin8/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/themes/CVS/styles.scss could not be read!
[ERROR]
Compiling theme “VAADIN/themes/CVS” failed
Failed to execute goal com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:8.7.2:compile-theme (default) on project Yozons-eSignFormsVaadin8: Compiling theme “VAADIN/themes/CVS” failed

Is there a way to tell our Maven builds and theme compilations to skip CVS directories?

Unfortunately not. What you can do is to add two tasks to the POM (to be executed before and after compilation) that move the folder to a temporary destination and back into that particular directory.

Alternatively you can try adding <vaadin.theme>mytheme</vaadin.theme> to the properties section of the POM. If you only have one theme that should work.

Thanks, Ronny. That does allow it to compile successfully, though I noted it still creates the addons.scss file in that CVS folder. I don’t think that creates a problem for me, so I’ll continue on. Thanks!

Also, this seems to work whereas the answer on the Vaadin 7 thread (https://vaadin.com/forum/thread/12373397) does not under Vaadin 8:

myTheme

I’ll cross link to your answer.