Spring Boot Vaadin 8 Push: Atmosphere ExecutorsFactory always spawns new Th

Anyone else out there having a resource issue with threads when Atmosphere is used to push to UI threads?

I’ve noticed that one of the two code blocks is always called from when a background thread accesses UI threads:

From org.atmosphere.util.ExecutorsFactory

public final static class AtmosphereThreadFactory implements ThreadFactory {
        private final AtomicInteger count = new AtomicInteger();
        private final boolean shared;
        private final String name;

public AtmosphereThreadFactory(boolean shared, String name) {
            this.shared = shared;
            this.name = name;
        }

@Override
        public Thread newThread(final Runnable runnable) {
            Thread t = new Thread(runnable, (shared ? "Atmosphere-Shared-" : name) + count.getAndIncrement());
            t.setDaemon(true);
            return t;
        }
    }

or
From org.atmosphere.util.ForkJoinPool

public ForkJoinPool(boolean shared, final String threadName) {
        this.shared = shared;

forkJoinPool = new java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool(Runtime.getRuntime().availableProcessors(), new java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.ForkJoinWorkerThreadFactory() {
            @Override
            public java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread newThread(java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool pool) {
                return new JDK7ForkJoinWorkerThread(pool, ForkJoinPool.this.shared, threadName);
            }
        }, null, false);
        logger.info("Using ForkJoinPool  {}. Set the {} to -1 to fully use its power.", forkJoinPool.getClass().getName(), ApplicationConfig.BROADCASTER_ASYNC_WRITE_THREADPOOL_MAXSIZE);
    }

In each instance a new Atmosphere-Shared-xxx thread is spawned instead of being executed in a shared thread pool. So, in my case, if I have a few UI’s open and a lot of data is being pushed them them, then I very quickly run out of resources and the UI’s all hang until the number of threads recovers enough to serve the new requests.

Is there a way to use a different implementation of org.atmosphere.util.ExecutorsFactory so that instead of Thread t = new Thread(runnable, (shared ? "Atmosphere-Shared-" : name) + count.getAndIncrement());, I could instead just execute the runnable in a pre-existing fixed thread pool?

Atmosphere Framework 2.4.30.vaadin1
Vaadin 8.5.2
Tomcat 8.5.34
Spring 5.1.3.RELEASE
vaadin-spring-boot-starter 3.1.1