Bakery App doesn't work with firefox beginning with version 10.0.7+

If I update the vaadin version from 10.0.6 to 10.0.7, 10.0.8, 10.0.9 or 10.0.10, I’ll always get a blank page with fire fox browser (version is equal. e.g. 60.5.0esr).

Chrome browser instead is working fine.

Could anyone confirm this bug?

Hi,
I just have download bakery app, I want to create a new project base on the Bakery app for my customer,
Are you also doing the same thing?

No. I’ve already implemented several apps with some concepts of the bakery app. Currently, I am using the latest LTE version 10.x and I ran into the problem above just when I try to use the latest version. Hence, I’ve stepped back to version 10.0.5 and wait for another update or the release of the next LTE, 14.x.

But back to your question. Using the backery app as basement might be a very good starting point for a vaadin app. Keep in mind that you need a professional license to use the backery template in a production environment.

Hello Jens,

I got the same issue. I tested the app on latest Chrome (Windows 7) and just deployed it to a tomcat as a war file with production mode enabled properly. I can also confirm that Chrome uses frontend-es6 files just fine and IE11 loads frontend-es5 as expected.

Firefox Console shows

TypeError: window.CustomElementRegistry is undefined attach-shadow.js:626:2

Also it does not work on IE11 on Windows 7 showing:

Object expected on the following code: w(a,“size”,{get:x});
Inspection says “w” is undefined.

I will try to see if I can revert to the version you used (10.0.5) to confirm the problem has to do with latest updates.

Hello Jens,

I just (kind of) solved the issue with the latest version 3.0.11.
The demo is now working in Firefox, Chrome and IE11 with one exception. Auto-Fill for the password form is no longer working.

I had to remove the override “configurePage” from LoginView which forces the ShadyDOM to be used.

Kind Regards
Johannes