Unable to compile the TouchkitDemoApp (Vornitologist)

Hi all,
I’m stuck trying to get the latest version (1.0.0-SNAPSHOT, 2012-08-29) of the TouchKitDemo to compile. So, is the TouchKitDemo app supposed to compile (mvn clean install) out of the box? I installed the vaadin-testbench manually in my repo but have a reeeeeally hard time finding the vaadin-touchkit-agpl 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT and the openlayers-wrapper 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Are they available in the repos and if not, where can I find them?

br
Svante

Hi,

Sorry, my bad. I forgot we had linked straight to SVN and we have started to port the demo to next version of TouchKit. We just changed to use different branches for development and I reverted the “official branch” to state that should work. I hope you can now get started!

cheers,
matti

Holy cow, works like a charm! Thanx! ETA when the demo will be updated with vaadin 7 and touchkit 3?

Thanks again!
/Svante

Hi,

Well, not before Vaadin 7 is released, but I’d hope not too much after it either. There are still major issues in Vaadin 7 and in the next TouchKit version to be tackled. It will be busy month ahead. And as many others do, I’d avoid .0 releases for more serious projects. If your project needs to start today, start it with stable versions. Most essential parts should be easily upgradable if you need to get to newer versions someday.

cheers,
matti