Eclipse+Vaadin8 - create add-on project - three cross-linked projects creat

As I investigate Vaadin 8, I went to create a new ‘Vaadin 8 Project’, selected the “Add-on Project” maven archetype, and set the artifact id to “ckeditor”.

I ended up with Eclipse projects ‘ckeditor’, ‘ckeditor-demo’ and ‘ckeditor-root’. It seems that ‘ckeditor’ and ‘ckeditor-demo’ are projects that share the disk space locations of ‘ckeditor-root/ckeditor-addon’ and ‘ckeditor-root/ckeditor-demo’ respectively.

What is the purpose/distinction among these 3 projects created? Do they make testing (like running/debugging a project in Eclipe’s HTTP server) easier. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with these three.

What is the purpose/distinction among these 3 projects created? Do they make testing (like running/debugging a project in Eclipe’s HTTP server) easier. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with these three.

Idea of the add-on project archetype is that only the artifact / jar in add-on sub project (target folder) is needed to be published in Directory, thus the demo part is separated in other sub project.