Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.
Vaadin Developer needed in D.C.
I am interested in starting a conversation with any Vaadin developers in the D.C. Metro Area. I have pasted the job description below and welcome an opportunity to begin dialogue.
2. Background Information:
The above position is with Quantitative Risk and Analytics group( QRA), middle office in Treasury, We provide analytical support for core treasury businesses which covers market and counterparty credit risk analytics and risk management, risk reporting and compliance and model validation;. These analytics are critical to the proper management of the Bank’s financial resources.
The specific assignment is to develop Java based Application to help with the analytical work.
3. General Accountability:
The Senior Java Developer is responsible for designing and building the individual components in a business/financial application.
The candidate would be a self-starter and capable of working independently to high standards of quality.
4. Scope of Work
• Develop framework for both front and middle tier
• Design and develop front end GUI screen to tie in with backend application.
• Perform unit testing, system integration testing, and assist the business team in user acceptance testing, adhering to all change management policies and procedures
5. Skill Set Requirements:
• 6 plus years of relevant experience as a Java developer.
• Strong development skills in Java and JEE technologies, JSP, Servlets, EJB, Design Patterns, Struts, Tiles, Ant, XML, JDBC, JBoss EAP, Common Controls etc.
• Excellent understanding and hands-on experience of Java Vaadin Framework.
• Hands-on experience of Eclipse IDE or JBoss Developer Studio, Subversion, Tortise SVN and JIRA.
• Experience with building/executing Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures
• Content management experience (like: Oracle Content Management).
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). SOAP, Web Services experience is a plus.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with SDLC and Agile software development methodologies.
• Ability to use Linux/UNIX shells. Knowledge of UNIX shell scripts is a plus.
6. Selection Criteria:
• Technical skills required are cited above.
• Prior financial systems development and/or professional experience
• Ability to communicate well, both verbal and written.
• Superior team skills.
• Ability and willingness to propose creative and optimal solutions.
7. Additional Information:
This position requires flexibility, creativity and initiative. Candidates should be self-starters who enjoy working with an international team of people. Candidates must be able to multi-task their workload assignments. Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English, have strong writing and communication skills, and be team players.
CAI is an EOE