Vaadin 10 add-ons

Hello,

We’re using some add-ons in our project build with Vaadin 7.
We have an idea to use V10 instead of V7 but I really don’t know which ones are compatible. (could not find any topic that contains this information)

Can you reply if you’re using one of these add-ons without any problem in Vaadin 10?

1. refresher
  2. fontawesomelabel
  3. csvalidation
  4. tableexport
  5. popupbutton

And also, does it mean support (v7.1-v7.2 etc) or (v8.0 and v10.0) if there’s a note “Framework Support 7.0+” in page?

Thank you…

Vaadin 10+ uses new client side technology, so old Vaadin 7 & 8 add-ons which use GWT, are not working with Vaadin 10+ out of the box. There is search filters in vaadin.com/directory, which helps to see which add-ons are available on which framework version. There are plenty of Polymer web components (also in directory), which provides good baseline for future Vaadin 10+ add-ons. So although the number of add-ons is now small, it will grow.

Tatu, your response is quite detailed, thank you so much.
Actually I’m sorry to hear that. I have one more question if you don’t mind. You mentioned that they use different base technology but is there any chance to easily upgrade these add-ons for Vaadin 10 in a project?