Deploy as WAR

Hi everybody! (WARNING: tough english ahead)

I’m used to develop in Vaadin 7, and our system still using it as UI. We are now “re-writing” some parts with a new focus and we’re considering jump direct to Vaadin 10.

I’m doing some tests and after a week I just can’t make it deploy as a closed WAR! (What a shame!) I could run the ‘beveragebuddy’ starter application with a ‘jetty:run’ , but since our application runs in JavaEE and EJBs, we need to deploy it in Glassfish. Preferably inside a EAR, but let’s focus on deploy the War now.

So, I’m trying to deploy the package WAR in Glassfish for now. What I made until now:

• Create a WAR with and without productionMode profile.
  • Started Glassfish with VM Option -Dvaadin.productionMode and with -Dvaadin.productionMode=true (this last one was for auto-recreation lol)
  • Started Glassfish outside Eclipse IDE with and without the -Dvaadin.productionMode options (and -Dvaadin.productionMode=true too)

Just can’t make Vaadin load. The package was correctly deployed, no warning shows on logs or console.

I read a lot of “issues” page, some threads at forum, but noting put me in the right direction. Probably I’m doing something really stupid, ow missing some step. Is there any step by step on how to deploy/debug using a server application instead of jetty? I couldn’t found one… Vaadin 7 has “the book”, it helps a lot for begginers (like I’m feeling now). All information I found was “pieces”, or a guide to migrate from Vaadin 8, but didn’t work for me :\

Thanks in advance for ANY help or pointing to documentation…

(Sorry about my english, even a worse shame than failing with Vaadin 10)

What do you see in the browser after deploying and opening the URL? Anything in the browser console? Is it an old or new version of Glassfish?

Hi, thanks for reply!

I’m Using ‘GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.0 (build 89)’ and Java ‘java version “1.8.0_171”’.
No other versions installed, so there’s no chance of conflict.

Just get a 404 - Not Found.

I’m sending a TXT with all WAR content. Perhaps my package is incomplete or something went wrong…

17190523.txt (118 KB)

Couldn’t find documentation about the minimum requirements of Vaadin Flow / 10, but I migrated to Glassfish 5, witch gives support to JEE 8, em servlet 4.0, and deploy of basic vaadin application worked.

Would by nice a documentation about this requirements. If anyone could find those documentation please attach here to help other in future.

Cya.