Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.
Ivy resolve fails
Since a couple of weeks my project won't resolve any more. From the error message I get I think something changed on the Vaadin side of things: unresolved dependency: com.vaadin.external.gwt#gwt-dev;2.7.0.vaadin6: com.vaadin.external.gwt#gwt;2.7.0.vaadin6->org.sonatype.oss#oss-parent;4 unresolved dependency: com.vaadin.external.gwt#gwt-elemental;2.7.0.vaadin6: com.vaadin.external.gwt#gwt;2.7.0.vaadin6->org.sonatype.oss#oss-parent;4
My Vaadin version is 7.7.13.
I have the same problem here now and no idea how to solve it. Did you find a solution?
I have the same problem. Updated from 7.7.10 to 7.7.14 and cleaned the ivy cache. Now ivy resolve fails with the same error. Tested also with another computer and clean install, and the same error occurs. Probably can be solved, by copying the problematic files from the local cache from another developer in our project. This has been a problem with some of our developers earlier.
Check if your problem is due this. Maven central is not supporting TLS 1.0 which is the default with Ivy, so you need to update configuration.
Thank you for the quick response! Our project uses Java 8, which should not be affected by the TLS 1.0 problem. I got my setup fixed by copying the files from another developer. Still, it seems, that updating the Vaadin version in our project is at the moment impossible.
It's not a Vaadin issue; it's the IvyDE plugin (in my case in Eclipse). The error only pops up with 2.5.0-rc1. You need to downgrade to 2.4.0. Ivy will resolve without errors and you can upgrade to latest Vaadin version.
Thanks David! Now it works.
This problem appeared in my Eclipse when I tried to clone my current Vaadin 7 project to another name, and then began trying to change my ivy.xml to point to the V7 compatibility libraries.
Before I try again, can I run/compile both Vaadin 7 and Vaadin 8 projects in the same Eclipse? I'm afraid to try the Vaadin 8 effort again (lots of issues with unresolved class types) since I'm not sure how that effort caused me to have to reinstall Eclipse, back-out the IVY and install the older one, etc.
I am now on Eclipse 2019-03 running Java 8.
This problem appeared in my Eclipse when I tried to clone my current Vaadin 7 project to another name
You need to configure to use newer TLS version, see the StackOverflow link above.
can I run/compile both Vaadin 7 and Vaadin 8 projects in the same Eclipse?
Yes you can. I recommend to use different workspace for each project.
I'm afraid to try the Vaadin 8 effort again (lots of issues with unresolved class types)
For new projects I recommend to use maven based project instead of Ivy. There is much less hassle with it. Also Ivy is not support BOM, so that makes it using with Vaadin 10+ really tedious.
Downgrade to ivy 2.4.0 solved the problem. Added http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.4.0.final_20141213170938 in eclipse update sites
Thanks to David Chambaere some months ago I was able to recover from this Eclipse/IvyDE resolve failure. The GWT 2.8.2 dependency couldn't be fetched with the 2.5.0 rc1 IvyDE plugin, but as advertised everything worked fine after reverting to the 2.4 version. That solution lasted for several months, until recently.
Several days ago, no version of IvyDE would build the project. The failure to resolve the GWT dependency was the problem again. I have not been able to defeat it using Ivy. In case anyone else finds themselves with a few thousand lines of red X's in Eclipse, a more drastic solution is to remove the core Vaadin dependencies from ivy.xml. Download the Vaadin jar files directly from Vaadin and move them to the WebContent/WEB-INF/lib folder. That restores the ability to build and operate the project. It's neither an elegant, nor minimum solution, but it works.
The IvyDE plugin seems to receive little support. I'm trying to migrate to Maven...
Arg... Turns out the failure to build was caused by a corrupt instance of Eclipse. Several upgrades and lots of configuration changes confused it apparently... and me. Migrating my project to a fresh instance of Eclipse with the 2.4 version of the Ivy plugins fixed my problems. No more jar files everywhere...
Faced the same problem and I was able to fix this in following way:
- Uninstall the 2.5.0.rc1 plugin
- Manually remove 2.5.0.rc1 related directories and JARs from eclipse plugin folder
- Install the 2.4.0.final plugin