Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

Widgetset Not Found (inside JAR)

Will Jones
1 decade ago Aug 17, 2012 6:51pm

I am using Maven, not sure if that is significant or not, with Eclipse and Tomcat. I've compiled my widgesets into a jar and included that jar in my WEB-INF/lib folder. This is working fine in one project (an older version of my current one), but when I restructured things a bit and did the exact same thing in another project it has stopped working. I have tried comparing my two projects, but I can't determine what is different about them that would cause this problem in the one but not in the other. I am getting the following error in my logs...

Aug 17, 2012 8:40:11 AM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet serveStaticResourcesInVAADIN
INFO: Requested resource [VAADIN/widgetsets/com.mycompany.mygui.custom.widgetset.MyVaadinGuiWidgetset/com.mycompany.mygui.custom.widgetset.MyVaadinGuiWidgetset.nocache.js] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

Then I get an alert box pop-up in my browser with the following message:
Failed to load the widgetset:
/Project_MyCustomGUIClient_War/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.mycompany.mygui.custom.widgetset.MyVaadinGuiWidgetset/com.mycompany.mygui.custom.widgetset.MyVaadinGuiWidgetset.nocache.js?1345210811533

I actually remember seeing this problem happen before in my original project too, but somehow I ended up getting it to work consistently. Now I can't remember what it was I did to correct it though.

I have no VAADIN folder directly in my war, but I have a lib folder with a jar that has a VAADIN folder and then the widgetsets stuff under that. As I said, it is working fine like this in one project but not another. I took the original project and restructured some things, and now this part isn't working anymore. Any ideas what may be different in my project that's not working now?

Shouldn't jars in my lib folder always be in my classpath? I don't understand why I am getting the message saying the nocache.js file is not found since it is in that exact path listed inside my Jar file. Also, I'm not sure how to go about debugging or investigating this further? Any thoughts on what I might try?

Thanks,
Will

Last updated on Aug, 21st 2012
Will Jones
1 decade ago Aug 21, 2012 4:14pm
Will Jones
1 decade ago Aug 21, 2012 8:14pm