How to load the data or the component step by step in Vaadin 8

Hi,

I have implemented a lot of pages with Vaadin. But I found if there is a lot of data to be loaded during I open one page, it will freeze sometime and then show the page suddenly with the duration about 3 to 5 seconds, which is not accepted by my customers.

I am wondering how to load the data step by step. for example, show the component firstly and then the data be populated to the component one by one.

The only thing I am thinking is to enable the “Server Push” feature. I have tried this, there are one drawback. The session timeout feature is gone after I enable the @Push.

Does anybody knows how to do this? Or do I miss something?

You can use polling instead if you do not want to use push. Then you can disable polling once you have populated all components with data

Artur Signell:
You can use polling instead if you do not want to use push. Then you can disable polling once you have populated all components with data

polling is helpful when we load the data only at the time of showing the page. but if we need update the page when we click somewhere, for example one row of the grid, if also need load big data, it will also freeze.

actually push is a good idea to do this I think. but how to bring the session timeout feature alive is a problem.