Maven Install fails when any add-ons added to pom

Install works when basic Vaadin 8 project created and Maven install run.
When any dependency is added into pom, the install fails.
It is related to com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler and I found a reference to this problem that indicated Java EE required.
I installed Eclipse Oxygen Java EE and the problem still exists.
How do I solve this problem?

[ERROR]
Error: Could not find or load main class com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler
[INFO]

[INFO]
BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]

[INFO]
Total time: 8.061 s
[INFO]
Finished at: 2018-04-26T09:05:38+10:00
[INFO]

[ERROR]
Failed to execute goal com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:8.3.3:compile (default) on project myapplication: Command [[
[ERROR]
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_172\jre\bin\java -Xmx1G -Dgwt.persistentunitcache=false com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler -logLevel INFO -style OBF -war “C:\Users\Paul Fraser\vaadinWorkspaces\qneTheme16\myapplication\target\classes\VAADIN\widgetsets” -localWorkers 8 -failOnError -XfragmentCount -1 -sourceLevel auto -gen “C:\Users\Paul Fraser\vaadinWorkspaces\qneTheme16\myapplication\target.generated” AppWidgetset
[ERROR]
]] failed with status 1
[ERROR]
→ [Help 1]

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:8.3.3:compile (default) on project myapplication: Command [[
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_172\jre\bin\java -Xmx1G -Dgwt.persistentunitcache=false com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler -logLevel INFO -style OBF -war “C:\Users\Paul Fraser\vaadinWorkspaces\qneTheme16\myapplication\target\classes\VAADIN\widgetsets” -localWorkers 8 -failOnError -XfragmentCount -1 -sourceLevel auto -gen “C:\Users\Paul Fraser\vaadinWorkspaces\qneTheme16\myapplication\target.generated” AppWidgetset
]] failed with status 1

Hi, I would start by not running in a folder with a space in the name to see if it makes a difference

Thanks, Artur,
New computer, windows 10, what could possibly go wrong?
For the benefit of others visiting this topic, some of my findings-

1. Win 10 is outrageous in the way it directs new users to the online registration. You have to follow the small links to setup a local user.
  2. When it asks for your name, USE A NAME WITH NO SPACES. I thought it would ask for a user name later on in the install, it does not.
  3. I tried to be clever and change the admin user name as per some instructions on the web. Fail!
  4. After full win 10 reset and lot of time down the drain, I eventually got going again.
  5. New Vaadin 8 project failed with various corrupt files. Deleted .m2 dir and alls well.
  6. Only other problem was eclipse seems to default to jre whereas Vaadin build requires JDK. Remove the JRE reference in Java preferences in Eclipse preferences.

The note about needing the JDK when the build failed was most valuable in finding the JRE problem. Congrats to who ever put it in the code.

Paul