Include "<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" to all request or make it easy

Hello,
I try migrate my app to Vaadin7.

I ended with message

[i]
"I’m sorry, but your browser is not supported
The version (7.0) of the browser you are using is outdated and not supported.

You should consider upgrading to a more up-to-date browser.

The most popular browsers are Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari.
Upgrading to the latest version of one of these will make the web safer, faster and better looking.

If you can not upgrade your browser, please consider trying Chrome Frame."
[/i]

I use IE9. I know there is “Compatibility button”, etc …
But I use IE com object docked into win32 application, so I cant push compatibility button.

[b]
Anyway, I am convinced that all Vaadin7 users want normal IE9 mode. (Not compatibility mode) [color]

[/color]
[/b]

So Vaadin7 should always include .
Or make it easy possible a document it well.

It sounds that your problem is the other way around - your IE9 is presenting itself as IE7 the old browser message is based on the user agent string in the HTTP headers of the initial request that are sent before the browser has seen the any meta tags in the HTML. We are not doing anything that would make IE9 use anything other than it’s normal IE9 mode and we have thousands of automatic tests that confirms that a vanilla IE9 works as expected.

Recent nightly builds have added support for a BootstrapListener that you can add to your Application to modify the contents of the HTML page before it’s sent to the browser. The feature is still quite new and there are still some details that could change, but you could still try using it for adding your own meta tag to the head.

No, this is not right.

IE9 (also IE8),by default, display intranet sites in compatibility mode.

You can google it.

So by default in intranet sites Vaadin show "“I’m sorry, but your browser is not supported …”.

So intranet users must click to “Compatibility view” button to get it work.

Moreover some win32 apps shows web pages as docked IE frame without Compatibility view button. (= no solution for show Vaadin7 pages)

Best solution is tell IE to show NO “Compatibility view” button at all.

This means always include .

I finally got around to creating a ticket for this:
http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/9887

Please note that just setting X-UA-Compatible wouldn’t be enough because the HTML saying that the browser is too old is sent based on the user agent string that the browser sends before it has seen any X-UA-Compatible in the response.