Webinar: How to create components for Vaadin 10?

Vaadin 10 is in beta so it’s time to start thinking about migrating your app to Vaadin as well. What is the new component model in Vaadin 10 and how do you create custom components or compositions for the newest platform release? Join Vaadin’s Matti Tahvonen and Pekka Hyvönen for guidelines and examples on how to create components for Vaadin Platform and if you have any questions ask them beforehand in the signup form.

Webinar takes place on Thursday April 12, 2018 @ 10AM CEST

embedyoutube=qHZ8ruOY9Uc

See
https://vaadin.com/webinars
for other past and upcoming webinars.

You can post your questions below, thank you!

Where can one check, which browsers and versions are supported?

Will this will be available later in Youtube??

Bernard Nongpoh:

Yes. You can watch this webinar later any time here or directly on YouTube.

Is the code completion to create listeners and so on for templates part of the vaadin plugin or is it an intelliJ feature?

Artem Godin:

Bernard Nongpoh:

Yes. You can watch this webinar later any time here or directly on YouTube.

Thanks

Please make another webinar for step by step making a custom component in vaadin flow. Great Thanks

Thanks for the Webinar! :slight_smile:

Michael Mokroß:
Where can one check, which browsers and versions are supported?

You can look into release notes. They should contain all that.

Jonas Manuel:
Is the code completion to create listeners and so on for templates part of the vaadin plugin or is it an intelliJ feature?

That those where just autocomplete snippets I prepared for the webinar. I didn’t want to bore you with my typos :slight_smile: But it should be possible to make certain smart templates to make typing those boilerplate codes faster. We also have a tool in the core to generate most of that kind of API automatically, based on the JS documentation. Theoretically you can use that already, but that’s not yet production quality yet, even though we use that to generate a major part of our own component’s API. The plan is to improve it and embed it into our tooling (Maven plugin or IDE integrations).

Aziz Rehman:
Please make another webinar for step by step making a custom component in vaadin flow. Great Thanks

I guess you mean a one where you build also the custom client side component and the Java API? I agree. I guess though that a generic Vaadin 10 webinar will be the next one. Now I can only point you to Polymer tutorials to create web components and then combine that with Flow using the tips and instructions in this webinar (and our text documentation).

cheers,
matti