Vaadin 8.2 Grid: Incorrect scroll limits

Using the new (8.2) set header/footer height methods in Grid results in a misalignment between the top of the top grid row with the bottom of the header row when scrolled to the top. Similarly, the bottom of the last row is not aligned with the top of the footer when scrolled to the bottom. The top and bottom grid rows are partially cut off.

Currently (from pre-8.2) I use a rather complex mix of CSS to adjust header/footer row heights, adjust the position of the grid body, and then add a small second custom footer above the bottom footer so that the bottom row is not cut off when scrolled to the bottom. I was hoping that Vaadin 8.2 would simplify things by allowing the header/footer heights to be adjusted (it does that) and have grid rows align with them when scrolled to the limits.

Would it be possible to adjust the scroll limits so that the grid rows line up with the non-standard header/footer heights?

In addition, if you remove grid header using grid.removeHeaderRow(0), grid does not apply width settings, both on columns and grid. This works until 8.7.1

Steve Demy:
Using the new (8.2) set header/footer height methods in Grid results in a misalignment between the top of the top grid row with the bottom of the header row when scrolled to the top. Similarly, the bottom of the last row is not aligned with the top of the footer when scrolled to the bottom. The top and bottom grid rows are partially cut off.

Currently (from pre-8.2) I use a rather complex mix of CSS to adjust header/footer row heights, adjust the position of the grid body, and then add a small second custom footer above the bottom footer so that the bottom row is not cut off when scrolled to the bottom. I was hoping that Vaadin 8.2 would simplify things by allowing the header/footer heights to be adjusted (it does that) and have grid rows align with them when scrolled to the limits.

Would it be possible to adjust the scroll limits so that the grid rows line up with the non-standard header/footer heights?

I couldn’t quickly find an issue on Github. Would you be able to open one preferrably with a simple reproducible example application?

Luca Pertile:
In addition, if you remove grid header using grid.removeHeaderRow(0), grid does not apply width settings, both on columns and grid. This works until 8.7.1

I think this is this issue https://github.com/vaadin/framework/issues/10485