Vaadin app runs fine on Firefox but hangs in IE

Hi, I have an application I developed in Eclipse using Vaadin and it works completely fine in Firefox, but recently when I open the app in IE the swirling progress circle keeps churning and it will just hang there forever.

I’m hosting the application in Apache Tomcat 6.0.24. T he hosting address is:

http://d21smtg1.ground.fedex.com:8080/AddressSearch

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ll attach the code for the app’s main class just in case.
11296.java (3.87 KB)

Tried the link, does not work “The server at d21smtg1.ground.fedex.com is taking too long to respond.”.

Try adding “?debug” to the URL and see if there are any error messages in the console that pops up.

Does not seem to be a Vaadin related issue - when I try to connect to the URL with curl, safari or firefox, I get no answer. Either the server is down or your firewall is blocking the connections.

If it still works in your Firefox, please clear cache and refresh.

I can’t access the URL (or the underlying Tomcat) with any browser. Should it be visible to the public internet?

Could this be a network configuration issue? Eg. a proxy or authentication setting that you have in Firefox but not in IE.

I guess the URL has a firewall blocking public access, but I figured out what was wrong. The widgetset was being compiled only for Firefox and not IE6. Here’s the xml code for the widgetset:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
 Uncomment the following to compile the widgetset for one browser only.
 This can reduce the GWT compilation time significantly when debugging.
 The line should be commented out before deployment to production
 environments.

Multiple browsers can be specified for GWT 1.7 as a comma separated
 list. The supported user agents at the moment of writing were:
 ie6,ie8,gecko,gecko1_8,safari,opera

The value gecko is used for Firefox 3 and later, gecko1_8 is for
 Firefox 2 and safari is used for  webkit based browsers including
 Google Chrome.
-->
<set-property name="user.agent" value="gecko,ie6"/>