Select the lower level items when select the parent node in the tree grid

When I switch to Vaadin 8.1. I am happy to find that It is supporting the multiple selection for the Grid and the TreeGrid.

But I found when I select the sub items in the tree grid, the parent node could not be automatically. Also if I select the parent node, the sub items of the parent node could also not be selected automatically.

Also I didn’t find the item select listener so that I could implement it by myself.

Does anybody know how to implement this? or will Vaadin support this feature in the near future.

You will need to do the selection manually in your code. It probably makes the most sense to do it in the data provider.

-Olli

Olli Tietäväinen:
You will need to do the selection manually in your code. It probably makes the most sense to do it in the data provider.

-Olli

Is there any suggest in Vaadin14? Before expand, I can transfer the selected status to children nodes. But DataProvider can’t get children nodes to select when parent node has expand

Andy Thomson:

Olli Tietäväinen:

-Olli

Is there any suggest in Vaadin14? Before expand, I can transfer the selected status to children nodes. But DataProvider can’t get children nodes to select when parent node has expand

Nothing more than what Tatu mentions here: https://vaadin.com/forum/thread/18492191/18492282