Realtime Data Streaming to Vaadin form - any small example available?

Hi guys,

I am am new to Vaadin and directly obtained Vaadin Pro. I am now evaulating, so so far I was able to quite quickly build CRUD prototypes which looks really nice. But now I have few use cases where I will need to directly display data from different kind of streams:

• 1 type is consume AMQP message and append to UI
    1. type is display directly the log4j2 logger data
    1. type is to display new inserts in db tables → in this case I can trigger from DB message to AMQP broker, so from Vaadin perspective it is same as 1. type

The backend processing is not big deal for me, but I am not sure what is the best way to achieve this kind of real time display data with Vaadin.

Note: Yesterday I tried to customize the Bakery starter(but customized already) directly with @Push support and it started failing on some nullpointer exception, so no success, but this error I will report somewhere on github probably.

Thanks for any real hints, I am not requiring anyone to do my job of course, but some sketch of classes/methods to design for example on the way where message is consumed from queue by backend (so it exists as object) to be forwarded to the display in real time.

Ladislav

Hi Ladislav,

Thank you for trusting and choosing Vaadin as your tools. However, this channel is only for issues related to Events. I suggest you posted this to 02. Miscellaneous or 03. Framework section, you will get more support from our guys there.

Regards,
Binh

In this example, we are building a snack ordering system. The form requires the user to enter their name and the number of snacks [FirstBankCard]
(https://www.firstbankcard.me/). They then use a dropdown to select the type of snack, which enables and populates a second dropdown with snacks of that type.