Use local custom font?

Hi, i’m find this instruction: https://vaadin.com/docs/v8/framework/themes/themes-fonts.html
But not working for me(. Anybody can explain why?.. thanks!

Folder structure:

…/mytheme/fonts/Nosifer-Regular.ttf

My ​styles.scss:

[code]
@import “mytheme.scss”;
@import “addons.scss”;
@include font-face(‘MyFontFamily’,
‘…/…/…/…/mytheme/fonts/Nosifer-Regular.ttf’);

$v-app-loading-text: “Loading Resources…”;

// This file prefixes all rules with the theme name to avoid causing conflicts with other themes.
// The actual styles should be defined in mytheme.scss

.mytheme {
@include addons;
@include mytheme;

}
[/code]
My mytheme.scss:

@import "../valo/valo.scss";

@mixin mytheme {
  @include valo;

// Insert your own theme rules here

.mystyle {
    font-family: MyFontFamily;
    font-size: 25px;
    }

And code like:

[b]
label.setStyleName("mystyle");
[/b]

Hi,

One possible issue might be that you are only including one font format:

@include font-face('MyFontFamily', '../../../../mytheme/fonts/Nosifer-Regular.ttf');

As it is stated in the docs, not all browsers support any single font file format, so it is recommended to provide the font in all four formats to support all browsers.

– Goran

I have the same problem and loaded in mytheme/fonts/ all 4 files in different extensions.

styles.scss:

@import "mytheme.scss";
@import "addons.scss";
@include font-face('MyFontFamily', '../../../../mytheme/fonts/pt-sans-v11-cyrillic_latin-700');

$v-layout-margin: $v-layout-margin-top $v-layout-margin-right $v-layout-margin-bottom $v-layout-margin-left !default;

.mytheme {
  @include addons;
  @include mytheme;
}

mytheme.scss:

$v-font-family: "PT Sans";

@import "../valo/valo.scss";

@mixin mytheme {
     @include valo;

.hw-H1 {
      font-size: 32px;
      font-family: MyFontFamily;
      font-style: normal;
      font-stretch: normal;
      line-height: 36px;
      letter-spacing: normal;
      color: #2F3445;
    }

Font files is exist in Sources (in F12 browser mode), and style correct linked with label, but font-family not working. Help if you know issue.

Hi Иван,

Which (Vaadin) version are you using?

Joacim Päivärinne:
Hi Иван,

Which (Vaadin) version are you using?

Vaadin 8.9.1

Hey Иван,

Did you try specifying the font weight and style? It seems the last two parameters are missing.

According to [this document]
(https://vaadin.com/docs/v8/framework/themes/themes-fonts.html) the format is:
@include font-face('MyFontFamily', '../../../../mytheme/fonts/myfontfamily', 400, normal);

Let me know if that still fails.

Joacim Päivärinne:

Let me know if that still fails.

Unfortunately, problem still actual. Browser (Edge & Chrome) replace font to Times New Roman. Thanks for finding mistakes in code.

Is anywhere Vaadin project with loading custom fonts? It may be helpful for checking.

Hi Иван,

Not sure if this helps, but you could try using @font-face. One example of that can be seen here (lines 1-7):
https://github.com/vaadin/material-theme-fw8/blob/master/material-theme-fw8/src/main/resources/VAADIN/themes/material-design/style/typography.scss

How to add your local custom fonts in your vaadin springbooot application.I am using vaadin 14.i am using font face but everytime i run my project on localhost ttf gets downloaded automatically…Please help