Upgading vaadin 7 to 8.1.4 makes problems

Hey folks,
I try to upgrade from latest vaadin 7 to vaadin 8.1.4.
Unfortunately the widgetset is not compiled correctly.
After 86% I get an GC Error.
The log tells me following:

[code]
SEVERE: Widgetset compilation failed

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.HashtableOfObject.(HashtableOfObject.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.codegen.ConstantPool.(ConstantPool.java:309)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ClassFile.(ClassFile.java:271)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ClassFilePool.acquire(ClassFilePool.java:45)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ClassFile.getNewInstance(ClassFile.java:259)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ast.TypeDeclaration.generateCode(TypeDeclaration.java:537)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ast.TypeDeclaration.generateCode(TypeDeclaration.java:636)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ast.CompilationUnitDeclaration.generateCode(CompilationUnitDeclaration.java:371)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.process(Compiler.java:872)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler$CompilerImpl.process(JdtCompiler.java:345)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.processCompiledUnits(Compiler.java:546)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:458)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.doCompile(JdtCompiler.java:1092)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder$CompileMoreLater.compile(CompilationStateBuilder.java:325)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.doBuildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:548)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.buildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:479)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.buildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:465)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.getCompilationState(ModuleDef.java:423)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:222)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:202)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:143)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:204)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:155)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:144)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:118)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:55)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:50)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:125)
at com.vaadin.tools.WidgetsetCompiler$1.run(WidgetsetCompiler.java:80)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Widgetset compilation finished
[/code]In addtion the compiling process does not stop and shows that it is at 86%.

Another error I have is:

The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for com.vaadin.data.util.converter.Converter$ConversionException. Fix the build path then try building this project But I hope that this will vanish when the widgetset is compiled completely.
I hope you can help me.
If oyu need further Information I will try to provide it.
Thanks and kind regards
Matthias

Hi,
for the OOM error try to increase heap size using
-Dgwt.extraJvmArgs=“-Xmx1024m”
on command line or
extraJvmArgs
property in plugin configuration

HTH
Marco

Hey Marco,
thanks for your answer.
I added the argument this way:
Right click on project → properties → vaadin → additional JVM parameters for widgetset compiler and added your parameter 1 to 1 into the inputfield.
Unfortunately it did not help.
In addtion you can see that there is no vaadin version seleected. This field changes to an empty value every time I close the winow, even when I selected version 8.1.4 and applied the settings.
35601.png

Hi,
I never used GUI tools to modifiy such configurations.
I think that in your case (but this i just an assumption) in “Additional JVM parameters for widgetset …” field you should only put
-Xmx2048m

Which IDE are you using? Eclipse?

HTH
Marco

Hey,
yes I use eclipse and it seems to work with only the Xmx part.
At leat I got other compiling errors now.
I think I will open another thread for my second problem and if I can"t solve my current error I will start another thread as well.
Thank you very much for your help!!!