How implement lazy load component

Hi, sorry for my pour english and my friend google translate :smiley:

[i]
Is there a way to implement lazy load component without passing by addons?

Unfortunately I can not use addons do not work in my application, after several trials.

I have many complex layouts, 6 to be exact, in a sheet tab, and each time is very slow page loading.

Unfortunately for the customer’s request I have to keep a very complex layout and the only idea that comes to mind is to use the lazy load, but that I have no idea how.

Could you give me a hand, please, maybe even using spring.

Thanks, Diego
[/i]

Lazy-loading cannot be achieved without using an Addon, like
LazyLoadWrapper
. Using an addon is rather easy if you use Eclipse and Vaadin-plugin, you just need to recompile your widgetset after adding the addon to your classpath.

But there are also other ways to (possibly) speed up your application, for example you could replace the complex layout (most probably a set of nested Vertical- and HorizontalLayouts) by something simpler like a GridLayout or even CssLayout. That way you can reduce the amount of markup substantial.

thank you so much, the post was very helpful.

I wanted to know also whether to use subwindows can help to avoid loading pages too?

Performance Tuning is a very complicated subject, where you almost can never say with certainity what would actually help. If Performance tuning is done wrong, you might even make things worse. So you should never do anything in this field without measuring (for example using Firebug’s excellent tools).

That said: Anything that helps keeping the markup lean and flat can speed up things. I don’t actually know how Vaadins subwindows look like in the browser’s DOM, but if they are similar to (for example) jQuery’s ones they are just DIVs at the end of the page’s body. So yes, a subwindow might help reducing the number of nested DIVs in your code and therefore could help speeding things up. But read again my first paragraph. And don’t say you haven’t been warned ;).

I want to use lazy Vertical Layout but difficult use . Bcoz of spring pagination .