Vaadin Add-on Package Export gives "Updating the manifest failed." error.

I created a new Vaadin add-on and when I try to export it, Vaadin Add-on Package Export gives “Updating the manifest failed.” error. Do you have any idea what might be wrong and where I should start investigating.

It is Eclipse plugin.

You should have these in your properties of the add-on pom.xml file. As well as name, version etc. correctly set under part.

${project.version} ${project.name} ${project.organization.name} Apache License 2.0 ${project.artifactId}-${project.version}.jar

Thank you for the reply Tatu. If you don’t mind I have few other questions.
When I create Vaadin 8 Project with Widget development by using the Eclipse Plugin, It creates 2 projects (actual add-on and demo project which uses it) under the root folder.
I get the “updating the manifest failed” error, when I try to export the add-on project.
If I export the demo project, looks like the export worked fine, but output jar does not have the actual add-on.
As a best practice, which project should I export and how?

Do you know of any documentation/video showing the widget development and how to include the widget to other projects?
Thank you again.

If the package process works as it should, you should be able to find the add-on jar file in the target folder of the add-on project. There are basically couple of alternatives where to put this jar. You can manually add it to your lib in your other project. Some bigger companies have setup local maven repo, where you can add your custom jars. Then you can add it as dependency in your pom.xml and add definition of the local repository in pom.xml as well.